Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,425x in 4,579 Posts
    Items Some beerMartini
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:27 AM from hedley
Gift received at 11-13-2013, 11:18 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM from ICEMAN

Default ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL(preview)

Alabama had a tense few weeks of waiting before finding out that Nick Saban wasn't leaving for Texas. Now the Crimson Tide can turn its attention back to a post-New Year's date with another of college football's blue bloods.

It's hard to say just how focused Alabama will be after its BCS championship hopes slipped away in agonizing fashion.
    The third-ranked Crimson Tide has had a month to stew over a shocking loss in its regular-season finale that's left it seeking consolation in this Sugar Bowl showdown with No. 11 Oklahoma on Thursday night.
    Saban has made promises he hasn't kept before in his coaching career, but he says he plans to retire in Tuscaloosa after agreeing to a contract extension Dec. 13 that will pay him a reported $7 million a year.
    That followed months of speculation that he would jump ship for Texas, which is in the market for a high-profile coach after Mack Brown's resignation.
    "I don't have any more reactions to it. I think it's kind of over so why do we want to talk about that?" Saban said. "We look forward. I'm looking forward. I made a commitment to our players that are here and I'm happy to be committed to them and I want them to make the same kind of commitment to the program and to their future success."
    While a chance to face Oklahoma (10-2) in a BCS bowl would be the culmination of a successful season for most programs, it's hardly the end the Crimson Tide envisioned.
    Alabama was on the cusp of punching its SEC championship game ticket before giving up 13 points in the final 32 seconds and losing 34-28 at Auburn on Nov. 30 on Chris Davis' 100-yard return of Adam Griffith's missed 57-yard field goal attempt.
    Now, the rival Tigers will play for the national championship in Pasadena instead of Alabama chasing its third straight BCS title and fourth in five years.
    "We're fired up playing Oklahoma," defensive end Jeoffrey Pagan said. "It's not for a national championship or anything, but we're going to go into it like it is.
    "We're going to try to finish this season as strong as possible."
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,226x in 7,919 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Go Soonere Go...although I know they are going to get their butts kicked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Costactc For This Useful Post: