Thread: Best Img file and cam to minimize freezing

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default What is the best Img file and cam to minimize freezing?

Hey Guys,

I recently loaded the latest PLI img from their website for the Dm500s and using ccam. I experience some random freezing that lasts for various lengths of time.

1.Just wondering if anyone has a setup that is working close to flawlessly. If so, what is your setup.
    2.If I change the ccam to mqcamd or reqcamd would that make a difference?

Before I test myself, if anyone has any info that would help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by smeagel; 01-09-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smeagel View Post
    Hey Guys,

I recently loaded the latest PLI img from their website for the Dm500s and using ccam. I experience some random freezing that lasts for various lengths of time.

1.Just wondering if anyone has a setup that is working close to flawlessly. If so, what is your setup.
    2.If I change the ccam to mqcamd or reqcamd would that make a difference?

Before I test myself, if anyone has any info that would help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    OpenPLI is the most popular image to use. There is the OpenATV image that I'm using with my azbox HD box. Great image.

I'm getting freezing too. At first I thought it was the IKS service. But I'm starting to think that it's the cccam 2.3.0 that has a problem. OSCAM seems to be popular and is open source that gets updated all the time. I hear it's more complicated to setup and get working than CCCAM

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 32 Posts

as to question 2, my neighbour is using 3 cams, and changing cams was simple,pli seems to be most recent image,could be your server he does not have to much freezing with beaver

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

open pli with mgcamd 1.38 ....you will be more than happy

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to give mgcamd 1.38 a shot. I doubt its the server. Works on a limesat HD Air no problem.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

I'm back. I haven't been able to get mgcamd 1.38 working. CCcam 2.3 works immediately but freezes often. I am now on Pli-Jade3 img.

I put the mg_cfg and newcamd.list in the /var/keys folder. I've replaced the mgcamd binary in the /var/bin folder. I've edited the newcamd.list file with my cws info.

I go to softcam setup, select my mgcamd as default softcam and restart the cam and nothing, nada!

Any suggestions?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 46x in 20 Posts
    Items CashMartini

Quote Originally Posted by smeagel View Post
    I'm back. I haven't been able to get mgcamd 1.38 working. CCcam 2.3 works immediately but freezes often. I am now on Pli-Jade3 img.

I put the mg_cfg and newcamd.list in the /var/keys folder. I've replaced the mgcamd binary in the /var/bin folder. I've edited the newcamd.list file with my cws info.

I go to softcam setup, select my mgcamd as default softcam and restart the cam and nothing, nada!

Any suggestions?
    Why not usre Rqcamd ???