Thread: Problems Setting up Openbox S10

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 30x in 23 Posts

Default Problems Setting up Openbox S10

I am trying to set up an Openbox S10 Receiver. I loaded the most recent file for the S10 found on this site, but when I go into the information section of the receiver, the MAC, MACHINE and the NC show all 000s. All I have is the VERSION which is: C2HS2-11-07-14:0651CM.

The satellite are there, i.e 110 and 119. However, when I try to scan, I am getting fail on all transponders. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but the 0000s in the information slot tells me that something is wrong. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 258x in 142 Posts

same symptoms as when you remove the tuner,so I would say the tuner is loose in it's socket for some reason.
    The mainboard has to be shifted forward to seat the tuner properly,which means removing the front panel and all mainborad screws top and rear.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zelig For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 98x in 49 Posts

if you're getting ''fail'' on all transponders when you scan it means you have no signal quality....are you getting a signal from your dish?....the openbox s10 needs separate lnb's and a disecq switch

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 30x in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    same symptoms as when you remove the tuner,so I would say the tuner is loose in it's socket for some reason.
    The mainboard has to be shifted forward to seat the tuner properly,which means removing the front panel and all mainborad screws top and rear.
    Thanks very much for the responses. I opened the receiver and seated the tuner which was a bit loose. All is well now. Once again, thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

there was also "test" firmware in june 2011 from openbox,the transition from s9 to s10 hardware.
    The s10 tuner won't work with that firmware either and the sys info screen will show all zeros.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieG View Post
    Thanks very much for the responses. I opened the receiver and seated the tuner which was a bit loose. All is well now. Once again, thanks.
    you are very lucky the receiver didn't kick into clone detect mode,the only thing that saved you was the old firmware.