Thread: Specs & Stuff

test4echo Guest

Default Specs & Stuff

Hi Everyone!

I guess I'll start off this "New" forum topic by posting my specs.

I love home theater and will be glad to help when I can!

I have:

Harman Kardon 254
    Paradigm 7SE MK3's
    Paradigm Mini's
    Klipsch Synergy Sub 12
    PS3 Slim

I have spend alot of time getting the best sound I can from my setup as meager as it is, and know quite a bit about the subject matter.

Lets have fun!

test

Miramichier Guest

Hi,
    Boy do I have some question`s first let me tell you what I have I aquired in a swap a rolkolsen HD 5.1 R-10 platium home theater unit and at a yard sale I also aquired a Kenwood VR-405 surround receiver which from the specs is 100w/side, now Iam lost.
    What I want to put into this is a Nano premium se receiver audio feed plus the audio from a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo.
    The conserns that I have are 1) The room in small 10ftX10ft will this work?2) How far do the speakers have to be? feedback squeal is awfulaimed at 3)What guage of speaker wire do I need to use?
    Thank`s for any and all help
    Miramichier

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 69x in 43 Posts
    Items Rose
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM from ICEMAN

Those little speakers should be fine in that room. Proper positioning of the speakers is more important than distance... Take note of the position of the surround speakers in the following picture, a very common mistake people make is aiming the surrounds toward the front of the room, when they should be aimed at the listener.
    img1.jpg

You'll be fine using 16 gauge speaker wire to connect your speakers, as the distance between the receiver and speakers isn't going to be long.
    Satellite Equipment:
    10' Orbitron, Openbox S9, General Instrument 920
    Shaw subscription, HDPVR630, 2x HDDSR600,
    1m Channel Master (125w), Coolsat 8000

OTA Equipment:
    Unknown model VHF/UHF combo antenna, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Channel Master rotator, 35' Rohn 20G tower