Thread: Testing DiSEqC Switch's

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

Default Testing DiSEqC Switch's

CP of post by Odd Thomas

This procedure works on all Dp- legacy switches, including DiSEqC.

Here is alittle something I put together for you guys, hope it will help answer a few questions on DISEqC switches and how to find out if there good or bad. I wrote this in a word.doc, but also have it in pdf.format if anyone needs one, just let me know.
    enjoy,
    0T

instructions:
    Just download the zipped file, un-zip and download to your desktop open and read the information, and then you can setup for your own testing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

Another way of doing as written by Terryl

CP

You can test the switch by removing it from the system and bringing it inside, using a 9 volt battery and a DVM, you connect the battery positive to the switch output using a small piece of center conductor; the battery negative is connected to the metal case of the switch.

Using the DVM you can test the 4 input ports of the switch by using another piece of center conductor; each port should be about .8 to 1.2 volts less than the battery voltage (measure it first) any port less than 1.5 volts then the battery voltage is a bad port.

Example:

Battery = 9.2 volts DC, port 1 = 8.2 volts, port 2 = 8.23 volts, port 3 = 8.15 volts, port 4 = 8.24 volts, this is a good switch.

Battery = 9.2 volts DC, port 1 = 8.2 volts, port 2 = 6.23 volts, port 3 = 8.15 volts, port 4 = 8.24 volts, this is a bad switch.

Thank You Terryl