View Poll Results: Most popular Pacman-PBF

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pacman

3 60.00%
  • PBF

2 40.00%

Thread: Most popular Pacman-PBF.......

Condor is offline Jr Admin/Satfix 2016 Football Pool - Week 10 & Week 15 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,837x in 5,629 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM from hedley
Gift received at 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM from darlinkat
HugsUSA
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENT

Default Most popular Pacman-PBF.......

So, just for the fun of it.. let's get a poll going as to who you like.. Pacman or PBF... Comments are welcome.. I think you all know who I like.. Lol....

The only thing I am afraid of is what I am capable of

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Mexico
HugsUSA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Mexico
HugsUSA

Common opponents How did they fare???

C/P....
    HTML Code:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2032706-boxers-already-searching-for-redemption-after-poor-2014-performances
    Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather registered a split-decision victory to strip De La Hoya of his WBC Light Middleweight crown in May of 2007.

De La Hoya started the fight strongly and landed a succession of body blows on Mayweather. As the fight progressed, Mayweather adjusted well to dominate the later rounds and win the fight on the scorecards.

Money May came out the victor against De La Hoya, but it was by a very fine margin. De La Hoya expressed some bitterness after the fight when talking to BBC Sport.

“I thought I landed crisper punches,” said a disappointed De La Hoya, “I am the champion and you’ve got to do more than that to beat the champion.”

Manny Pacquiao

Pac-Man destroyed Oscar De La Hoya with an eighth-round TKO victory in December 2008.

Pacquiao jumped on De La Hoya from the opening bell and landed a succession of punishing blows throughout a one-sided fight.

De La Hoya sat drained on his stool at the end of the eighth round, and the doctor ordered a stop to the contest due to damage to his left eye.

“I felt empty, without power,” De La Hoya told BBC Sport, causing many to speculate that De La Hoya had dropped too much weight to fight effectively.

Rather than offer excuses, De La Hoya praised Pacquiao and declared he would go into retirement.

“He’s just a great fighter. I have nothing bad to say about him, he prepared like a true champion,” said De La Hoya. “I just don’t have it any more. My heart still wants to fight, but when you physically can’t respond, what can you do?”

Verdict

Manny Pacquiao: Despite the questions surrounding De La Hoya’s age and weight, Pac-Man gets the edge here as he brutalized De La Hoya into retirement.

Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather’s fight against Juan Manuel Marquez may not have been quite as exciting as Pac-Man’s, but it was much more convincing.

Money May floored Marquez in the second round and managed to keep the wily Mexican veteran on the back foot throughout the contest.

Mayweather’s size advantage allowed him to bully Marquez as the fight progressed and pepper him with damaging blows at regular intervals.

When the final bell rang, Mayweather was awarded a unanimous decision points victory, and there was no complaining from Marquez about how the fight was scored.

Verdict

Floyd Mayweather: Pacquiao vs. Marquez is more significant in the history of boxing, as their three battles will go down as one of the sport's most epic trilogies. The pair went back and forth, and Marquez consistently troubled Pac-Man during all three fights.

Though it may not have been as dramatic, Mayweather’s victory over Marquez was much more dominant, and the ease with which the bigger, stronger Mayweather bullied Marquez must be of some concern to Pacquiao fans.

Floyd Mayweather

"Sugar" Shane Mosley had an opportunity to win the WBA Super World Welterweight championship against Money May in May 2010.

Mayweather was troubled early, with Mosley landing a big right hand in the second round that actually caused the Pretty Boy’s knees to buckle.

The resilient Mayweather recovered to pitch a shutout over the next 10 rounds and cruise to a unanimous points decision victory on the scorecards.

Manny Pacquiao

Mosley challenged for Pacquiao’s WBO Welterweight title in May 2011. Sadly for "Sugar" Shane, this fight would end in an another unanimous decision points loss.

Pac-Man floored Mosley in the third round and was largely untroubled as he went on to defend his WBO strap in a landslide points victory.

Verdict

Draw: Pacquiao did manage to register a knockdown, but neither man could stop "Sugar" Shane, and both men registered a convincing points victory.

Floyd Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather defended his Ring and WBC Welterweight championships against hard-hitting 43-0 English challenger Hatton in December 2007.

Hatton started well and had some success in the early rounds, but Mayweather’s defensive shell blunted the Englishman’s attack and allowed him to take control of the fight.

Mayweather turned the screw before clocking Hatton with two vicious left hooks that saw referee Joe Cortez stop the fight before Hatton even hit the canvas.

The result served Hatton his first defeat and allowed Mayweather to claim dominance over the Welterweight division.

Manny Pacquiao

Pac-Man defended his Ring and IBO Light Welterweight title belts against Hatton in May 2009.

Hatton had bounced back from his Mayweather defeat by registering victories over Juan Lazcano and Paulie Malignaggi. Sadly for "The Hitman," his title challenge against Pacquiao was never a contest.

Hatton ran into a buzz saw and was floored twice by the Pac-Man inside of the first three minutes. Pacquiao then finished the job by delivering one of the most brutal knockouts of his career at the end of the second round.

Verdict

Manny Pacquiao: There is something to be said for the fact that Mayweather handed Hatton his first career defeat. However, "The Hitman" was disposed of in brutally clinical fashion, and like De La Hoya, Hatton was sent into retirement by Pacquiao.

Manny Pacquiao: Pac-Man gains the edge in this debate courtesy of his performances against Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton.

While it was Mayweather who fought both men first and registered convincing wins, Pacquiao was spectacular as he brutally battered both men into retirement.

The one concern for Pacquiao will be the ease with which Mayweather disposed of Juan Manuel Marquez. Mexican counter-puncher Marquez has troubled Pac-Man on three separate occasions, while the size and strength of Mayweather allowed him to give out a convincing beating to the same opponent.

Manny Pacquiao: Pac-Man gains the edge in this debate courtesy of his performances against Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton.

While it was Mayweather who fought both men first and registered convincing wins, Pacquiao was spectacular as he brutally battered both men into retirement.

The one concern for Pacquiao will be the ease with which Mayweather disposed of Juan Manuel Marquez. Mexican counter-puncher Marquez has troubled Pac-Man on three separate occasions, while the size and strength of Mayweather allowed him to give out a convincing beating to the same opponent.

That C/P is being too "partial"....Because most of us 'true" boxing fans know..........Heheheheeeee

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Arum said, "Can't Touch This"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Arum also said, "Can't Touch This"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Mexico
HugsUSA

Corrales and gatti 2 50 year olds...Lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Corrales and gatti 2 50 year olds...Lol.
    that wanted to fight the Mexican killer and Arum just wouldn't let him. Why? because Corrales was a big welter weight and carried two hammers in each hand. Gatti was tough and strong. Either one of them could've spoiled Pac's future just as JMM did.
    Last edited by Fibroso; 04-23-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Mexico
HugsUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Fibroso View Post
    that wanted to fight the Mexican killer and Arum just wouldn't let him. Why? because Corrales was a big welter weight and carried two hammers in each hand. Gatti was tough and strong. Either one of them could've spoiled Pac's future just as JMM did.
    Really????.. Your making me... ...off Fib..

Last edited by Fibroso; 04-23-2014 at 08:08 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Really????.. Your making me... ...off Fib..
    45-0 really makes me

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Bonzo is offline Member/Toyota-Savemart 350 Nascar Pool Winner/Satfix 2013 NFL Pool Week # 7 winner/NFL week#11 Pool Winner ,Week 12 pool winner
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,268x in 471 Posts
    Items Medal 3
Gift received at 10-22-2013, 11:00 AM from darlinkat
Gift received at 09-17-2013, 01:34 AM from Fibroso
Gift received at 05-26-2013, 01:03 AM from darlinkatCrown Royal
Gift received at 05-26-2013, 01:00 AM from darlinkat
Gift received at 03-29-2013, 03:18 PM from Fibroso

Mayweather acknowledges Pacquiao’s greatness by not fighting him

April 23rd, 2014 | By Augie Cruz: A lot has been said and discussed about the potential super fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao but very little has been accomplished. Furthermore, it seems that the legion of fans that follow Mayweather are against such fight instead of supporting it. Why is that? Well, I think I can put my 2 cents as to why. In 2008, the casual boxing fan got exposed probably for the first time to Pacquiao. They saw the little man send Oscar De La Hoya into retirement and fell in love with his relentless and ferocious attack which is something boxing had been lacking for some time.
    They admired a man that was very dominant but vulnerable at the same time and most if not all can associate with that. Now, from 2007 until 2009, the #1 pound-for-pound fighter (Mayweather) was retired. Some say because there were no opponents left and some say because he wanted to avoid certain fighters (Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Paul Williams, etc…).

Don’t get me wrong; I think Mayweather is one of the great boxers of our generation, even if this generation of boxers isn’t very good, but nonetheless he does stand out. The one thing that most people either seem to ignore or just plain oversee is the fact that Mayweather, prior to Pacquiao coming onto the scene, had never asked or demanded any other boxer for Olympic style drug testing or asked any of his opponents to leave his promotion company in order to secure a fight with him. So why do it with Pacquiao?
    Some will say that Mayweather hated Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum and doesn’t do business with him, but if that is the case then why didn’t Mayweatger stipulate that back in 2009 or 2010 or 2011? Others will say that since a lot of other fighters have been caught using steroids and given the fact that Pacquiao had been plowing thru opponents like they weren’t even there, then it must mean that Pacquiao is on something. In my opinion, Mayweather basically acknowledged Pacquiao’s greatness by implying that he is taking steroids.
    If being good in the ring and dispatching your opponents with ease means that you’re on PED’S then shouldn’t we also suspect Mayweather of being on PED’S? Of course there are those who say that Mayweather would very easily dispose of Pacquiao in the ring, they say that it would be such an easy fight that it would be like taking candy from a baby; well if that is the case, why wouldn’t Mayweather take the fight against Pacquiao, beat him easily and collect what will most likely be the biggest purse in boxing history? Isn’t his nickname Money? There’s a very good chance that if they were to ever face each other in the squared circle, Mayweather would win a close split decision but there’s also a good chance that he will lose and maybe get hurt in the process and I think that that’s what keeping the fight from happening.
    Boxing is not a game like pokemon cards where one simply calls out their characters strengths against the other and declare the winner, on paper the Miami Heat are too good against a team like the Boston Celtics and should beat them every time they face each other but that is not the case as the Celtics have beaten the Heat several times, that is why the play the games. In conclusion I would like to add that old saying “To be the best you have to beat the best”, how legitimate would Michael Jordan’s championships be if every year in the playoffs and finals all he had to face were the Washington

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonzo For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Someone had to stop what was being done. Beating on a guy 30 pound bigger than you would require strength that only PEDs can provide. Not only that but taking blows from bigger guys and shaken them off that easily, only superman. Coming from 118 pounds to 145 in a blink of an eye and beating so many fighters, beside the catch weight tactics, can only be done consuming. Thanks to that move we have a normal Pacman, that can't knock any one out in that weight division anymore. With all due respect!!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Mexico
HugsUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Fibroso View Post
    Someone had to stop what was being done. Beating on a guy 30 pound bigger than you would require strength that only PEDs can provide. Not only that but taking blows from bigger guys and shaken them off that easily, only superman. Coming from 118 pounds to 145 in a blink of an eye and beating so many fighters, beside the catch weight tactics, can only be done consuming. Thanks to that move we have a normal Pacman, that can't knock any one out in that weight division anymore. With all due respect!!!!
    So you finally admit it.... Super Manny.......Hehehehejejejejeeeeeeee