Thread: New modem/routerwireless by U-verse ATT

hifreq Guest

Default New modem/routerwireless by U-verse ATT

Hi !

I just converted to U-Verse/ATT and was supplied with a NVG 5031 Modem router. I can not get laptop to connect
    using the dns options. Works fine non dns. It appears from what the tech said that ATT wants you to connect through their server and will not allow dns function?????

Does anyone out there know what I can do to get this to function so I can work DNS thorough this modem/Router?????????

Apreciate any help I can get?????

hifreq Guest

OK !
    I now have a solution concerning a ISP provided Modem/router.
    When using NOI or IKS4suns a few things need to be adjusted beween the pc and router. Not hard but to lengthy to write abot here.
    If anyone out there has this issue PM me and I will be able to walk you through the steps to make it all work.

hifreq

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 54 Posts

I'm Canada
    I have a modem/router...When they installed it...I called to have the router side disconnected....They were charging me for the router side of the modem anyway
    Once that was done, I use an older Linksys router...make changes to router as needed...
    Couldn't do that to the cable router

Quote Originally Posted by hifreq View Post
    Hi !

I just converted to U-Verse/ATT and was supplied with a NVG 5031 Modem router. I can not get laptop to connect
    using the dns options. Works fine non dns. It appears from what the tech said that ATT wants you to connect through their server and will not allow dns function?????

Does anyone out there know what I can do to get this to function so I can work DNS thorough this modem/Router?????????

Apreciate any help I can get?????