Thread: Wiz110sr

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

Default Wiz110sr

I have a WIZ110SR that I installed into a new receiver that has kept the old ip location. How can I change or update WIZ110SR with correct ip?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Don't you set the IP in the box?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

Yes, however, every time I connect hub the old ip and donation comes with it. I've tried to change at box and wiz and it will not update. Any ideas?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 102x in 57 Posts

the wiz110sr does not save server info the receiver does. you need to make and save changes in receiver menu.
    the wiz110sr only connects to receiver as a translator to the server that all. i recently changed server info for a buddy of mine.
    connect wiz to receiver go into menu network settings change server settings on second server first server cannot change exit out and save enjoy.
    Last edited by nunoit; 05-05-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

When i save data to receiver in dchp the wiz110r address is superior to ihub. The ip address appears on both receivers when i switch to DCHP mode(on receiver and wiz100sr). Only 1 receiver indicated on wiz100sr.If i leave on static mode each receiver has its own address, however, when i switch from static to dchp both receiver end up with same ip. At that point both receivers interfere with each other, switching on and off between receivers. In addition, in static mode there is a lot of freezing( could be nfps, not a lot of freezing reports on there site). When i turn off or disconnect a hub from 1 receiver, the other receiver works fine. Any idea what the issue could be or how i can fix?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tessa8940 View Post
    When i save data to receiver in dchp the wiz110r address is superior to ihub. The ip address appears on both receivers when i switch to DCHP mode(on receiver and wiz100sr). Only 1 receiver indicated on wiz100sr.If i leave on static mode each receiver has its own address, however, when i switch from static to dchp both receiver end up with same ip. At that point both receivers interfere with each other, switching on and off between receivers. In addition, in static mode there is a lot of freezing( could be nfps, not a lot of freezing reports on there site). When i turn off or disconnect a hub from 1 receiver, the other receiver works fine. Any idea what the issue could be or how i can fix?
    I believe that the software loaded the same MAC address to both wiz110sr units. When you have the dhcp assign an IP address it thinks that both units are the same and therefore you are getting an IP conflict. Assign static IPs to both boxes will not be assigned by your router. For instance your router assigns 192.168.1.100-150 assign wiz100ra 192.168.1.151 and wiz100rb 192.168.1.152.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to diode For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

I agree. How do I fix the conflict of the same ip for both hubs?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

I agree. How do I fix the conflict of the same ip for both hubs?
    By assigning static IP addresses. They will not conflict if you set them differently and the router will recognize them differently.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to diode For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

as i said above, i did that,however, i still have both receivers freezing. as soon as i disconnect 1 of the hubs the remaining receiver works fine? any ideas? Would the mac address change if I delete network settings and re-install info?
    Last edited by tessa8940; 05-06-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

as i said above, i did that,however, i still have both receivers freezing. as soon as i disconnect 1 of the hubs the remaining receiver works fine? any ideas? Would the mac address change if I delete network settings and re-install info?
    No the mac address is coded in the software. Are you using the same P$ code in both boxes?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

no. different codes.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 102x in 57 Posts

could be caused by your internet provider you could try to reboot all your internet devices to renew your addresses.

the only other thing i can think of would be to use the wiz-loader and change ip there, that should get ip's to stay set where you want them.
    Last edited by nunoit; 05-06-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

no. different codes.
    Wow tessa8940, This is a head scratcher. I wish I knew more about coding and networking. What kind of router are you using? Do you have another router that you could place between one of your receivers and your main router. For instance, your main router supplies box 1 an IP address in the 192.168.1.100 range... router two would receive an Ip address for the WAN port from the main router. If you set the second router to 10.0.0.1 it will give the second box an IP address in the 10.0.0.100 range and hopefully the mac addresses will be able to co exist. >>> Hope it works for ya<<<<<

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

I have a 2wire gateway provided by ATT. Only one. Hardwired from gateway/router. when I change address in wiz program and set to dncp both receiver end up with the same ip and what wiz program calls Board List. I'm guessing board list is mac address because it is similar to mac address on gateway.
    Last edited by tessa8940; 05-08-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts

I delete all software on receiver and re-installed. I was able to change ip, however, the board list number is still the same for both receivers. The question is: how do I delete or change board list number which I'm guessing is "mac address". Any ideas?