Thread: Sonicview 4000 List of Satellites

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 14 Posts

Default Sonicview 4000 List of Satellites

A neighbour brought over a Sonicview4000 that someone had given him and asked me if I could get it working for him. I've never seen a Sonicview before and my FTA experience is limited but I said I'd try. I downloaded and installed the last factory bin(1.58), set up time etc but when I go to the Installations and try to choose/scan a satellite I don't see Echostar14 or Echostar10/11 in the list. I can see other sats at 110 and 119 but I think those sats are long gone. I've looked through the various menus but I can't find any setting to change or update the sat listing. Is there another program that needs to be loaded? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,519x in 1,668 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:26 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

Quote Originally Posted by horhota View Post
    A neighbour brought over a Sonicview4000 that someone had given him and asked me if I could get it working for him. I've never seen a Sonicview before and my FTA experience is limited but I said I'd try. I downloaded and installed the last factory bin(1.58), set up time etc but when I go to the Installations and try to choose/scan a satellite I don't see Echostar14 or Echostar10/11 in the list. I can see other sats at 110 and 119 but I think those sats are long gone. I've looked through the various menus but I can't find any setting to change or update the sat listing. Is there another program that needs to be loaded? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    you will likely need a software file to see echostar sats
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for everything and the years of fun and friendship!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torpainter For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Ignore what the sats are named--what matters are the TP settings and the LNB settings. When I add sats to a list nowdays I just use the longitude and C or Ku band.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

An SV4000 is an old box, and is long out of production, also the US base factory was closed down by a lawsuit filed by Dish nutworks, so you wont find stuff for it anymore.

Don't go by the names of the satellites as those can change, go by where they are located, Echostar 14 is located at 119W, it replaced an older satellite (Echostar 7) years ago.

Here is the latest factory file for your receiver, http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...0-Factory-File , but as it says, "Use at your own risk", the factory files are the only way to do an update of the satellite data base.(other then manually)

A list of satellites by location can be found here.
    Code:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html
    Last edited by Terryl; 05-15-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 14 Posts

Thanks for the info and the suggestions. I have download the file Terryl mentioned and will try scanning satellites again. It's interesting because I always thought that you had to have the correct satellite name in order to scan it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 14 Posts

I was able to scan in both Echo14 and Echo10/11 by selecting the location, as suggested above. As I expected everything was scrambled, except for the Dish information channels. The box works and it's up to my neighbour if he wants to go further. Thanks guys!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 102x in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by horhota View Post
    I was able to scan in both Echo14 and Echo10/11 by selecting the location, as suggested above. As I expected everything was scrambled, except for the Dish information channels. The box works and it's up to my neighbour if he wants to go further. Thanks guys!
    well every thing will be scrambled you need to use iks to receive any channels now a days.
    look here http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...on-for-windows we can have you up in just a few.
    you will for this setup need a computer. if you don't want to go that way then you can get a "wiz110sr" and you can connect that way to your server.
    Last edited by nunoit; 05-17-2014 at 05:32 PM.