Thread: null cable for wiz110sr

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default null cable for wiz110sr

I'm trying to get a wiz110 working, I read everything I can find on it and I do believe I have all the setting right. I am using a wireless connection for it though because my laptop has no 232 port. One thing I'm not sure about the cable I have, it came with my SV 360 elite but is a straight cable, I have another cable that has two "cans" inline and i think that might be a null cable? It's has been so long since I have had to use it I can't remember. I want to make sure I get it to work before I pay for another donation.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,744x in 641 Posts

Null cable.
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

The one with the cans?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,744x in 641 Posts

cans explain
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Quote Originally Posted by Madfoxx View Post
    I'm trying to get a wiz110 working, I read everything I can find on it and I do believe I have all the setting right. I am using a wireless connection for it though because my laptop has no 232 port. One thing I'm not sure about the cable I have, it came with my SV 360 elite but is a straight cable, I have another cable that has two "cans" inline and i think that might be a null cable? It's has been so long since I have had to use it I can't remember. I want to make sure I get it to work before I pay for another donation.
    If you have the cable that came with the elite it is a null cable...most if not all stb's have not used straight cables since around 2005 I would say. The one that came with my 360P is dark grey or charcoal in color.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

[QUOTE=abouttosnap;1070816]If you have the cable that came with the elite it is a null cable...most if not all stb's have not used straight cables since around 2005 I would say. The one that came with my 360P is dark grey or charcoal in color.

I got home and checked it, it is the one that came with it, thanks. But I still didn't get it to work. I thought I found a good post on getting it to work here in the forum somewhere, I have to find it again.
    Testing since 2005
    SV 360 elite and premier

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Madfoxx For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 33x in 11 Posts
    Items Plane
Gift received at 09-02-2013, 02:43 PM from darlinkat
Message: Do you fly or don't get off your lily pad much lolCanada
Gift received at 09-02-2013, 02:42 PM from darlinkat

all you need is a USB to 232 cable with it's driver software for your laptop and you are good to go....last one I got was under $20 and works well.......cheers....ht

runamok is offline Visiting Dignitary/NFL WEEK 16 & 18 CHAMP
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,478x in 4,178 Posts
    Items beerWhiskeyA BeerSprint carFootballYing & yangTreeDoll

Quote Originally Posted by horney toad View Post
    all you need is a USB to 232 cable with it's driver software for your laptop and you are good to go....last one I got was under $20 and works well.......cheers....ht

This will not connect a wiz110sr to receiver.Which is what is being asked.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 102x in 57 Posts

---------"PLEASE READ FULLY AND TAKE YOUR TIME"
    to make sure you have the right serial cable load receiver via a usb/serial adapter and the sonic-view serial loader from your laptop that way you know for sure you got the right cable you will need it for eather wiz110sr or emu setups.

to work with the wiz110sr you will need the receiver flashed with the sv360elite use 04-es22-2028_nochk_a4to20 you can get here http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...on-for-windows.

then you need to flash the wiz110sr to ver.4.12 the loader is here http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119847-WIZ-v3-0-2 and the svlan4.12 file here http://www.satfix.net/attachment.php...0&d=1371159557

cp/To set up the dongle (Wiz110sr board):

C/P
    1-Using the Wiz program... upload the Svlan 4.12FW file.

2-In the Wiz program, click on the "Serial" tab. Change the baud rate (speed) to 115200 and click on the "settings" to save the change.

3-Load the "nochk" Emulator file for your box to the box. (See the file below)

4-Reconnect the 110 board as usual and reboot the box.

5-You should see the "Network adapter connected" message and you should have "Network settings" in your menu.

6-Confirm the info or load the server info if needed and try to connect.

If all has gone well, you should run like any other dongle for SV.
    End C/P
    Last edited by nunoit; 05-26-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: personal loading info.