Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Default 8 ft dish

is there a FTA RECEIVER that will work with an 8 ft dish if so which one

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

FTA stands for free to air and has nothing to do with Dishnet or any provider channels.. So depending on the l n b then most all FTA Receivers will work with a bud.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Just get a "C" band LNB for that dish (if it doesn't have one already) and set your LNB frequency to 5150, then you will need something to move the dish as it has a linear motor, (if it has one) you will need a "V" or "G" box to interface the FTA receiver to the linear motor.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,256x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Any true fta satellite receiver will be compatible with that size of a dish. I would also opt for c band as there is much more programming available then on ku band.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

thanks for the information.I HAVE GOT A NANO@ CONVERTED TO ILINKand the dish has a c-band l&b on it and I was wondering if I could use the nano2 on the 8 ft dish

AND what satellite do you put it on , to make sure it is Zeroed in.
    do you have to make any changes on the receiver when you go into the MENU

thanks a lot

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

If the dish is fixed in place then your stuck with the bird it's pointing to, if it has a motor on it (a long linear motor) your current receiver will not be able to move it, as the motor on that kind of dish takes a lot more voltage and current then the normal FTA receiver can put out, you can use the old "C" band receiver to move the dish if you have one.

To make sure your zeroed in you have to point the dish at the "C" band satellite that is closest to "Due South" from your location, if you do not have an old "C" band receiver to move it, ot it's motor is stuck you may have to do this by hand, but be VERY careful as the dish is very heavy and disconnecting it without some sort of clamp, a second person to help hold it, or some type of support could cause it to swing out of control.

To find out what "C" band satellite is due South of you look at Lyngsat.com, first you find out what your longitude is at your location, then look through the list of satellites to find one that matches or is very close to your longitude.

Example:

If your longitude is lets say 97 West, then your due South satellite would be Galaxy 19 at 97W, or say your longitude is 120 West, then your due South bird would be Galaxy 23 at 121West.

Here is the link to Lyngsat, all the "C" and "kU" band satellites are listed there.
    Code:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html
    As to the receivers menu, all you need to do is set the LNB frequency to 5150 instead of 11250, and hook into the "C" band LNB, but you need to be pointing at a "C" band satellite or you will get zip.

To find out what it is pointing at, go to dishpointer.com, enter your location and select a satellite that you may think it's currently pointing to, then zoom into your location, this will give you a line on a map, this will give you an idea of what it is currently looking at, if it doesn't look right try another satellite.

And the Ilink stuff will do nothing for the "C" band satellites.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

thanks a million for the answers , I defientlf found out what I need to know

blueduck in midland texas

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,256x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

I would seriously consider using another receiver for true fta. Your receiver was probably being used for iks and the tuner will not be compatible with true fta. If your dish is stationary then I would suggest Galaxy 16 at 99w which has the best c band programming, including the nets.