Thread: RE: Costactc review question

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 20 Posts

Default RE: Costactc review question

I read the review on the Linkbox 800 HD and the pic,s look good but are not informative to me. I have 2 SV8000HD one of which expired and am looking to replace it. The most important issue is the ability to search for sat,s along the arc. With the Sonicview you open the satellite menu to a KU band sat. Does not matter which one. Turn the motor on and gradually cross the arc. The sig strength will increase for each satellite you encounter. For my system when the signal strength goes from 60 to 75, I stop the motor and then change TP,s a few times. When I hit an active TP the Q (Quality) will increase and the sat name will display. This is unlike the Limesat, Dreamlink etc which show 99 S&Q until you stop on a sat and only if you have preset an active TP and even then you may go by it without a change in S or Q. How does the Linkbox operate, like the SV800HD or the Limesat etc?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,257x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

The Linkbox 8000hd operates exactly like your Sonicview receiver. It is extremely similar to the old school Pansat receivers which were excellent for true fta. It's blind scan is a bit slow and it does miss tp once in a while but overall it gets the job done. I use a variety of other receivers on my 10', 8' and 4' dishes for true fta. I would suggest that others would do a more adequate job.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 20 Posts

Thanks Constactc, Just returned from my local dealer with a Dreamlink T5. It supposedly works in a similar fashion to the SV but if not I'll try to find a Linkbox.
    Should have checked out my old threads before buying.

I'll be leaving the city life in a little over a year and will get back into C-band and 10' mesh dishes. Where I live not it is not allowed. Nothing bigger that a 1 meter dish is legal. That would be the time to talk of the others you mention but for now I am limited to dish size and do both types of FTA, True and the other.
    Last edited by ftastudent2; 09-09-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,257x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Your Dreamlink will work excellent with iks but will probably fall way short on true fta. Once you get back into the c band biz, give me a shout and I'll tell what is working best.