Thread: Does the Ihub connect when the receiver is off?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default Does the Ihub connect when the receiver is off?

I realized I don't know the answer to this.

I was told to put the box on 239 and turn it off to make the guide fill up. I have been doing that.
    It worked until recently, lately most channels are down and I have large groups of channels with no guide data.

But does the Ihub maintain a server connection while I have it turned off?
    How does the guide propagate while the unit is off?
    Does the server play a role in that?

Or when it's off it's off?

I have only one code, but I have two boxes. I can only use one at a time since I am only one person. So I am careful to turn one off when I use the other. They are in different rooms.

I wanted to know how the guide works in this scenario.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 81x in 45 Posts

When they say turn off the receiver, they mean by the remote. If you turn of the unit with the rear switch, then no it will not stay connected, or will it keep the EPG data. I would assume you are using the rear switch method since you are using a second receiver.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

OK, then you are saying that it maintains a connection when turned off by the remote? So I can't use the other box in that case.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 102x in 57 Posts

to answer this question
    Q: But does the Ihub maintain a server connection while I have it turned off?
    A: the ihub will remain connected to server as long as as it has power to it. if the lights are on then its connected.

the trick is to make sure the receiver not being viewed at the time is not connected to the net hence remove power to ihub unit not being used epg on both receivers will update normally. if it is being powered by the receiver you will need to unplug it from the receiver.

Q:How does the guide propagate while the unit is off?
    A: the receiver will update its epg as long as it is in stand by mode (off with the remote) hence not actually off most functions not enabled.
    Last edited by nunoit; 06-22-2014 at 02:20 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nunoit For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nunoit View Post

the trick is to make sure the receiver not being viewed at the time is not connected to the net hence remove power to ihub unit not being used epg on both receivers will update normally. if it is being powered by the receiver you will need to unplug it from the receiver.
    Another way to disconnect from the server is go into Network Settings from the menu and select one of the dummy server # and save. That way everything is controlled from the remote.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to airjam For This Useful Post: