Thread: coolsat 7000

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 22x in 12 Posts

Default coolsat 7000

just picked up a coolsat 7000 could this be used for dish besides 97w, its in very good condition but I don't see any files or hook up for iks. thanks in advance

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,519x in 1,668 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:26 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

no .it does not work with iks
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for everything and the years of fun and friendship!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

But like most boxes you should be able to take an old file and add IKS functions to it. You disassemble the file,find the serial routines and how it saves CW from old N2 decryption and make the serial post send and receive CW using coolsat rq-sssp protocol. The way that is done has been shown for half a dozen boxes now. If you need help doing it, ask for help in the project. It is not that hard to do (but I like to work at machine level nd have no trouble learning a box's code).

BTW, the cs7k files are compressed with a method that the cs6100 uses too--a utility was built to allow you to extract the code from compressed state. Both 6100 and 7000 use Conexant processor so all the methods used for viewsat pansat250 and some of the sonicview boxes that also use Conexant processor apply--so you can disassemble with IDA Pro in the same way, create machine code from C using winarm, code is largely the same so traceport is likely the serial port. One thing that is very different is that these coolsat files may have a difficult checksum and you will have to eventually recompress the files after modification--both of these have not been explored, but if you can get together with owners of cs6100 then you might have enough folks to create a group to explore solutions.
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 07-28-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 22x in 12 Posts

Thanks jvvh5897 now this sounds very interesting and non the less challenging. Ill definitely try I have nothing to loose but everything to gain, the experience since I've never done this before. I might be a bit pain in you know where but I'm sure at my home here there are a lot of people that know more about this then me surely if I ask for help it's always there.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

OK, I played a little yesterday and figure out a little more about the compression scheme--you take the file to be compressed and divide it up into 0x7ffa byte chunks and compress each chunk with zlib using default setting of level 6 compression and only adler32 sum at the end. The start of each chunk is 00 01 and the size of the uncompressed chunk. The last chunk has whatever size is needed to finish off the file.

Now at the start of each ird file is 00 7e--that might be something like the coolsat brand, a little later you see the model number as 2000 for cs61 and 2100 for cs7k (you might be able to change that and use 6100 file in 7000 box--such a thing used to be possible for cs5k and cs6k but only if you went down in model (the 6k would run 5k's files but the 5k could not run 6k's)). At 0xc in the header you see the number of chunks of compressed data. At 0x12 is the file version number.

But from 0x14 to 0x84 I do not have a clue of what is going on. In an early 6100 file (version 105 as I recall) there were lots of zeros in the first 0x20 bytes of that, but what that means--don't know.