Thread: Dreamlink Android 4.2 Smart TV Box - Stuck on bootup "Dreamlink" screen

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

Default Dreamlink Android 4.2 Smart TV Box - Stuck on bootup "Dreamlink" screen

Hey everyone,
    Been using my Dreamlink Android 4.2 Smart TV Box for a couple months now. It's a great box and very user friendly. I like it a lot. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason the other day, when I turned on my Dreamlink, it got stuck on the bootup "Dreamlink" screen and does not completely boot and go to the Android desktop. I'm not sure what happened, since the night before, it was working fine when I turned it off. I tried various fixes off the internet relating to different android boxes, but I haven't found one specifically for the Dreamlink Android. I've tried the various methods using the small "reset" button on the side of the box, next to one of the USB ports (i.e. holding in the reset button, plugging in power, waiting, letting go of reset, but to no avail). Tried hard booting using various files for Android with a SD card, but no luck. Tried various fixes for other Android boxes just to see if they would work for Dreamlink, but no luck either.

Just wanted to know if anyone has come across this situation with their Dreamlink and how they got it out of the bootup process. I would think that once I can get past the "Dreamlink" bootup screen and to the Android desktop, I can go to settings and do a full reset of the box to clean whatever is causing the bootup problem, and get it back to virgin again.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance and would appreciate the help. Have a good day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beachlowkey For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 98 Posts
    Items TVToasterCoffee makerMonitorWireless AccessDish

When you do the reset thing do you get a menu in the upper left window? Something about restart now, load image, wipe data/cache anything like that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Loblaw For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

Bob,
    No, I don't get any type of menu. I've tried loading various recovery boot files, aml files, rom files according to various internet sources for other android boxes, but for some reason, the Dreamlink does not accept those files. Pressing the reset button, and then plugging in the power cord, and holding the reset button for x number of minutes etc, does not change the screen at all, it continues to stay on the "Dreamlink" bootup screen and does not continue to the Android desktop. I understand that in other boxes, the box will show a menu (after holding the reset button in the AV outlet - for the Dreamlink, it has a small reset hole next to the USB port) which allows you to choose to wipe it clean, boot from a specific rom file etc, but the various files I have used for other boxes including the main competing boxes, does not do anything to reset the Dreamlink unfortunately (it does not take it to a separate menu screen with reset/reboot options). I've have tried using a SD card (16 GB formatted in FAT, FAT32, etc), and also a USB stick in each of the 4 USB ports to see if anything works with any of these "bootup/recovery/rom" type files, but no luck. Still searching the net to find any clue to figure out how to get pass the "Dreamlink" bootup screen and on to the Android desktop, so I can then go into Settings and reset from scratch.

Appreciate the ideas Bob, let me know if you have any other thoughts. Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beachlowkey For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 162x in 78 Posts

Saludos !

El problema se resolvia oprimiendo el boton de reset por varios segundos . Pienso que el intento de cargar otros archivos pudo causar daņos . Vuelve a intentar . A mi ocurido lo mismo y logre recuperarla .

Hi !
    The problem was solved by pressing the reset button for several seconds. I think the attempt to load other files could cause damage. Retry. Same thing happened to me and reach back.
    Lo que hay es pura demenciaaaa !!!!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DementePR For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

DementePR,
    Thank you for your suggestion. When my Dreamlink became stuck on bootup the other day, I first tried to use the reset button as you recommended since it was the simplest and most logical method to use. However, the reset button did not work and my Dreamlink continued to stay on the "Dreamlink" bootup screen. After that, I continued on to other methods as I described in my previous posts using various files with SD cards and USB sticks to see if those would work. Still to no avail.

If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate your input very much. Since the Dreamlink is very new to the market, there really isn't much support online/user experience to help troubleshoot problems. But any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Condor is offline Jr Admin/Satfix 2016 Football Pool - Week 10 & Week 15 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,837x in 5,629 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM from hedley
Gift received at 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM from darlinkat
HugsUSA
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENT

Did u boot up while holding the reset button???.. You must do that then release.. Good luck..

The only thing I am afraid of is what I am capable of

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 98 Posts
    Items TVToasterCoffee makerMonitorWireless AccessDish

Be very careful when trying to load other firmware on the STB you could end up with a little black brick. Contact the Dreamlink company and see if they have the firmware that you could download. If it is in the proper recovery format you should be able to place the files on a SDcard and restore.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Loblaw For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,242x in 1,082 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrass
Message: Just because you have been a member for a long time and because I wanted to....DeeMonitor
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassMini Cooper
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrass

Also I think the sd micro card must only contain firmware, no other files.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fn59 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

i have a similar issue, my dreamlink smart tv box suddenly froze not too long ago and wont load pass the dreamlink boot screen. also on the receiver it says boot , ive tried to do a reset by holding the side button then wait til the screen loads and shows up a menu that has options, reboot system now etc. ive tried to choose reboot system now but it just goes back to the boot screen without loading past it. i dont know what else to do ive tried to search up other options but to no avail could someone plz help me. thank u

17. The Following User Says Thank You to floeticjustice For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,519x in 1,668 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:26 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

Still waiting for an answer where you bought them?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for everything and the years of fun and friendship!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to torpainter For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 15 Posts

Have you tried restarting your receiver then resetting it on the side of the box?