Thread: New in this area

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 54 Posts

Default New in this area

Got an used cw3000, but can not pass 29% on booting.
    Installed a hard drive (as per suggestion on cw site) but no go.
    Any help, please ?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 28 Posts

Ok let's have some fun . You will need to re do the operating system .
    1. Remove hard drive .
    2. Check battery on mother bored .
    3. Make a ISO image of 1.0.1.13 use this to redo your o.s .
    4. In stall h.d. .
    5. Now go to Updates and download and install ten new o.s..

You will want to reed the setup thread if you are going to do iks so you can decide which o.s. you want .
    Also use the way bake machine and go to this site before it had its redo .
    There you should be able to find my threads from when I had to do this . In the mean time I will look also.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 28 Posts

Her is some more on redoing the o.s. . Note this is old but the steps are right . You will need to look for the 13 o.s. On the web. Lots for you to read but it will be worth it . Remember the cw4000hd is the same o.s. So look in that thread to also read my thread on the wayback machine and go to the old CW support forum . Read Read Read I will check back in a few days . You can pm me with more eq. If you need. Have fun

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mindbender View Post
    Her is some more on redoing the o.s. . Note this is old but the steps are right . You will need to look for the 13 o.s. On the web. Lots for you to read but it will be worth it . Remember the cw4000hd is the same o.s. So look in that thread to also read my thread on the wayback machine and go to the old CW support forum . Read Read Read I will check back in a few days . You can pm me with more eq. If you need. Have fun
    The 1.0.1.13 Recovery CD image has been released.

New feature in this recovery image:

There is now an option to reset the hard drive without losing recordings or other media. Choosing this option will reset the hard drive to a factory fresh state without having to format the drive.

If you have upgraded to version 1.0.1.13 via the CW-3000HD Updates menu you do not have to use this new 1.0.1.13 iso. The iso is intended for people that want to restore their CW-3000HD to factory default software configuration.

The link below is a 90MB compressed system recovery file containing the entire OS for the CW-3000HD version 1.0.1.13.

Installing this recovery image will format your flash, recreate the file system, and re-install the entire OS.

If you have installed a storage device, you have the option of retaining it with all recordings and other media or you may start over fresh and reinstall the hard drive.

Here is how to install the recovery CD:

1) Download the file CW3000HD Recovery Image
    2) Unzip the file to get cw3000-recovery-1.0.1.13.iso and burn it to a CD with your favorite CD burning software.
    NOTES:
    a) We recommend using burnatonce software to create the Restore CD. Instructions are at the end of this post.
    b) Burning an ISO is not the same as burning a data CD. If you are not using burnatonce, you need to specifically use the Image Burn method in your software.

3) Once you have a CD with this image on it, insert the CD into the DVD drive of the CW-3000HD.
    4) Connect a computer keyboard.
    5) Press the Power Button
    6) When the initial splash screen appears (that is the one with the press TAB line at the bottom) press the F8 button(rev 1) or F11 button(rev 2) on your keyboard. The bottom line will change to "Entering Boot Menu".
    7) When the boot menu displays, use the up/down arrow keys on your keyboard to select the DVD drive. It will be listed under a CDROM heading. Press enter after selecting the DVD drive.
    8) The system will boot and you will see text scrolling up the screen. finally, you will see a selection menu on the screen.
    9) Type 1 for a complete system restore. Type 2 to restore a system with a hard drive. Type 3 to check a hard drive for errors. Type 4 to reboot with out restoring. Press Enter.
    10) The installation file is large. Do not interrupt this process. The system will reboot after a few minutes.
    11) Make sure one TV cable is connected to the CW-3000HD.
    12) The system will reboot one more time.
    13) The main menu screen will appear. You will need to reconfigure your system. Make sure you enable or disable adapters accordingly if you do not have satellite connections to all tuner. Pay attention to the type of connection/resolution selected. Make sure it matches your TV.
    14) Continue on to admin and continue configuring your system.

Instructions for using "burnatonce" software to create the restore CD:
    NOTE: Information contributed originally by MotleyFool
    Burnatonce is free for non-comercial use. It is a small 3.8 MB download that is designed for burning disk images. You can download the install package here: BurnAtOnce

Once downloaded, install the application. The default installation associates .iso files with burnatonce so all you need to do is double click on the .iso file to bring up Burnatonce ready to burn that iso image. Click on the write button and you get the image burned without having to worry about the difference between a data CD and a image CD. This may be a simpler way of properly burning the recovery image without having to learn the intricacies of the more feature packed CD burning packages.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 54 Posts

1st, I do not see any "link below";
    2nd I flushed the box with recovery 1.16 (is 1.13 older ?)
    Followed the "downloads available" message and got 1.17 file only. I read that 1.16r1/r2 is more stable, but "could not unpack" message come on on both 1.16 versions !!!
    Ended up installing 1.17, and (odd!) during installation "file 1.16 is much better" message popped up on the screen !!!!!
    Loaded 4.22 bin & is working but with sluggish channel change.
    it is an old fashion box, and without a genpix board it is no hd box...

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 28 Posts

Ok back to the ferst thing did u get a hard drive installed ? It is a must to have for recording . Sense you are to the channels I can only presume you did . Sd is ok but hd is so much more . All my lmc's have bigger CPUs and more ram . Think that is your next step and a skywalker . Genpix is done you will need to watch fleabay for one . $150+ to buy one. Also I am at 17r2 with 4:22 works grate. I have good Internet that helps with channel changes & CPU & ram. Don't forget if you go with the biggest CPU you will need to do a power supply . Have fun and by all means brake the bank , for the viewing is worth it .

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 54 Posts

thank you, but so far pic quality on sd is much lower then my old nfusion hd or even cw700s
    beside this, the remote does not work, so my only option is keyboard...

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ro_54 View Post
    thank you, but so far pic quality on sd is much lower then my old nfusion hd or even cw700s
    beside this, the remote does not work, so my only option is keyboard...
    You'll need a skywalker and 3GB of RAM. That will turn the box into a beast - with no FTA rival.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 54 Posts

No more such skywalker thing available...