Thread: low signal

hedley is offline VIP/Satfix 2014 NFL Pool Week #13 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,180x in 997 Posts
    Items A Beer
Gift received at 05-02-2015, 08:22 PM from nob0dy

enjoy !USAMexicoWhiskey

ok, just thinking outside the box here but it is my understanding that a DP Plus Twin will not play well with the DP Legacy Twin especially using a Chieta 4X1 switch to tir them together, may I suggest that you find another DP Legacy and dump the DP+ that way you won't need to use a powered switch to tie this together.
    Luca Brasi Swims With me

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

His best bet for a 4 satellite setup looking two different directions with two dishes would be to dump both twin LNB's and go with 4 single DP dual output LNB's, then the switching will not be a problem.

The 2 DP dual LNB's will fit the plastic adapter on the Dish 500 for the DP twin LNB, this would be the better choice for less problems.

Then any 4x1 Diseqc switch will work, or a 4x4 Diseqc switch if you need to run 2 or more receivers, but if you go to the 4x4 switch it will have to be a powered one.

Also for a split system, useing two dishes be sure to ground both dishes and switch(s) to a good earth ground, this will cut down on any possible switching problems.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

All the connection cables are rated RG6, so they should be good right?

I am still getting the same results. Signal good. Quality good. No video/audio. If I hook up the international lnb separately, it works, so I don't think it is the viewsat ultra.

Right now I have the dish lnb directly hooked with one rg6 cable from lnb to receiver. When I go to set up for 119, I find 119. When I go to set up for 110, I find 110 at times and 119 at times. I don't know why. End result being no video/audio with good signal/quality strength. ???
    Last edited by viewertrex; 08-31-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

can the type of modem have anything to do with my problem? I confirmed that the information from server is good. if the lnb is not compatible with my viewsat ultra, then my quality should not be good right? signal/quality strength are good. Just no video/audio autoroll processing. I rebooted moden, receiver, computer and same thing. Right now i am just trying to get it to work, so i have the dish network dp pro twin lnb connected directly to receiver. I have a uverse modem from att .

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Quote Originally Posted by viewertrex View Post
    All the connection cables are rated RG6, so they should be good right?

I am still getting the same results. Signal good. Quality good. No video/audio. If I hook up the international lnb separately, it works, so I don't think it is the viewsat ultra.

Right now I have the dish lnb directly hooked with one rg6 cable from lnb to receiver. When I go to set up for 119, I find 119. When I go to set up for 110, I find 110 at times and 119 at times. I don't know why. End result being no video/audio with good signal/quality strength. ???
    Not all RG-6 will work correctly with the DP Pro LNB, they use a second band to get all the transponders down the coax at once.

The coax used for this type of LNB MUST have a 2.5 to 3 GHz rating on it or you will have problems. (missing "R" or "V" high end transponders)

But if your getting all the CONUS transponders on all satellites then it's a problem with the receiver, it's internal software or IKS server information.

And unless your ISP is blocking that IKS service your type of modem should not be a problem, to test if the ISP is blocking your IKS, find the IP address for your IKS server and do a ping test** to see if you can reach the server without problems.

**If you don't know how to ping something, follow this.
    Code:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Ping-an-IP-Address
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

All transponders look good. Isp is not blockiing iks server, so I guess it is time to look at the receiver. It's been so long, any suggestions as to what website to go on to go shopping for a fta receiver? Or just go on ebay and get the same viewsat ultra receiver? I've had it for some eight years with no problems.

Thanks to all who responded, especially Terryl.
    Last edited by viewertrex; 09-10-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12