Thread: SVLAN Questions

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default SVLAN Questions

For a few years now, I have been using a Sonicview 8000HD + SVLAN. Unfortunately, lightning recently struck my house and both were fried. I am not too upset about it because the SV8k was pretty darn noisy and it sometimes overheated and would reboot.

I have an SV-4000 collecting dust and it always performed very well--much better than my SV8k. In fact, it was my favorite STB until I retired it when I went to HD. I am starting to think that HD is more trouble than it is worth. Anyways, I thought I could maybe repair the SVLAN and resume testing with my SV-4000. One quote came in at $85 which nearly knocked me out of my chair since I only paid $40 for the durn thing.

My questions are (1) Does anybody know who'll repair an SVLAN for < $40? or (2) Does anybody know where you can buy a dongle for the SV-4000? When I google, I'm coming up dry.

Thanks in advance.

J

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 7 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jaco View Post
    For a few years now, I have been using a Sonicview 8000HD + SVLAN. Unfortunately, lightning recently struck my house and both were fried. I am not too upset about it because the SV8k was pretty darn noisy and it sometimes overheated and would reboot.

I have an SV-4000 collecting dust and it always performed very well--much better than my SV8k. In fact, it was my favorite STB until I retired it when I went to HD. I am starting to think that HD is more trouble than it is worth. Anyways, I thought I could maybe repair the SVLAN and resume testing with my SV-4000. One quote came in at $85 which nearly knocked me out of my chair since I only paid $40 for the durn thing.

My questions are (1) Does anybody know who'll repair an SVLAN for < $40? or (2) Does anybody know where you can buy a dongle for the SV-4000? When I google, I'm coming up dry.

Thanks in advance.

J
    I would try wiz110sr search it on the satfix forum and see what you find