Thread: trying to set up my new WIZ110SR

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 7 Posts

Thumbs up trying to set up my new WIZ110SR

I AM USING THE WIZ PROGRAM....And trying to upload the Svlan 4.12FW FILE...
    I hooked up my wiz110sr to my cable (Don't know really if it is the right one or not...!!! I am using a straight thru cable that I have used for my pansats and such I bought a adapter that has the female ends on it so I could hook it up to my computer ...and receiver when I get it working correctly .....
    (1) don't know how to check the cable to see if it is the right one or not I have ohm meter and all but don't know how the pin out is .....
    (2) when I hook up the wiz110sr to the computer using the wiz program I click on the serial tab. check the baud rate speed and mine says 115200 it also gives me the Ip's and etc ....it also says at the top left the 4.12 file is already there from the factory I guess ...but I try and upload the file to make sure that it is there and it wont let me says time out or something to that effect.....and I hook it up to the sonicview receiver to see if I can connect and it doesn't "says no signal I believe" .....So evidently the wiz110sr is not programed for some reason .....and it wont let me program it .....I am at a stand still I don't know if it is a cable issue or if it is something else .......
    help if you can I have been with out tv for to long .....heheahah
    ........TTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNKKK KKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    In advance ........thanks again for help.....showhorse
    p.S The lights on the wiz110sr lights up and blinks when I connect it to the receiver but that is all and network settings isn't in the menu either ..........I want to give special thanks to (abouttosnap) for all his help so far with me .................PPs....do I have to power up the wiz100sr when I am trying to program it in wiz loader ????
    Last edited by showhorse; 08-31-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: trying to correct some of the spelling

2. The Following User Says Thank You to showhorse For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Check the link below...it should go straight to the post but if not it is post #29...you can see before and after when I programmed mine...if it is showing 4.12 then the wiz110sr board should be good. Mine came loaded with version 4.31...but the ones that are out there now probably have either version 4.32 or 5.10 loaded from the factory. At least that is the newest versions showing on there web site.

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...579#post968579

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 7 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    Check the link below...it should go straight to the post but if not it is post #29...you can see before and after when I programmed mine...if it is showing 4.12 then the wiz110sr board should be good. Mine came loaded with version 4.31...but the ones that are out there now probably have either version 4.32 or 5.10 loaded from the factory. At least that is the newest versions showing on there web site.

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...579#post968579
    (0) I have the network info as such
    (1) server type
    (2) status
    (3) setting type
    (4) local ip
    (5) sub net
    (6) gateway
    (7) dns ip
    (8) retry timeout
    (9) user name
    (10) password
    (11) use dns
    (12) server port
    (13) des key

I don't know where the PPoE id is or what it is "do I need to put it in to the configuration"
    also do I need to change the port nr of my server
    also I have a user name for the server do I need to put that in the password place (I really don't know where the user name goes) since I have a place for the password
    also do I need to change the domain name to something else
    also I saw I was supposed to check the use dns.....do I check mark the serial debug mode....
    also do I have wiz configuration settings this way check mark on the serial debug mode also
    also do I have the (dhcp) with a dot in it or do I dot the static circle
    also in the operation mode do I need to dot the mixed circle
    also on the domain name there do I leave it dummy or what ?????
    lots of questions but have to know the answers if you could send me a screen shot of yours I can use it I guess so I can get mine up and running there is no instructions on the wiz configuration and I don't know anything about how to (SEARCH) (SETTINGS) (UPLOAD) (ping) (firewall) (exit)...And what settings I need to do before I hit search or such.............this cant be this hard I never had this problem when I was setting up my ihubs but I have had a stroke since then so I cant remember lots of things ........sorry to be a had case but I have to relearn I guess...
    TTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNKKKKKKSSSSSSSS again for all your assistance .....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to showhorse For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 7 Posts

(1) do I need to power up the wiz110sr board when I am trying to program the board
    (2) maybe that has something to do with not being able to program the wiz110sr board ("I don't know" ) If I cant program the board I don't guess I can read it or put in the info I need HUH.......thanks again

P.s.
    Another night with out tv sad sad sad .....But I will live over it don't wory about me "That sounds like a song of MARTY ROBBINS" doesn't it
    Last edited by showhorse; 09-01-2014 at 01:33 AM. Reason: looking around to see if anyone here dont c anyone

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

When you run the wizloader do you see 4.12 in the top left had version window as in the third picture in the link below (post #2)? If so then you have version 4.12 loaded and will no longer need to anything with the wizloader as far as the other settings go so you can close it on out...any other settings should be done threw the network settings in your sonicview. That is where a lot of folks years ago messed up by trying to change settings via the wizloader instead of the receiver. If you have version 4.12 on the wiz110sr and you can see the network settings menu as in the first two pictures in the link below then all you should need to do is input your pserver info and you should be good to go...the info I have listed in the second picture in the link below is just for demo purposes and where from my 360p.

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...38#post1015738

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 7 Posts

hey friends
    Im still having issues with this Wiz110SR
    I have tried the settings that was recommended by (Abouttosnap) and for the life of me I cant get it to work for some reason....
    I can see the info in wiz that I have the 4.12 file on it ......but I hook it up to the sv 8000hd and it gets no signal and of course I cant find the network settings because it isn't connecting to the unit ....I can go down stairs and get my wifes svlan and hook it up to my sv 8000hd and it pops right in and good picture and all the wiz just wont hook up ....
    (1) tell me this ......I reads that the wiz had to have a null cable to program it do I have to have a null cable to hook up the wiz to the receiver I have a gender changer that I hooked up to the wiz I have t he lights on the wiz but it wont connect .....
    (2) tell me how I can check my cable (the one I program the wiz with) but I haven't been able to program the wiz I don't think but the 4.12 is on the wiz according to the upper left corner....I would like to check it to make sure I have a null cable or a straight thru cable ....."I don't know if a straight thru cable will work on hooking the Wiz up to the receiver or if I have to use the null cable .....please help if ya can .........still no tv and I just didn't realize I was this dumb .......thanks in advance .....show.....
    Last edited by showhorse; 09-03-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 7 Posts

Thanks for the help fellows I finally got my receiver working with dongle I don't know what I did but I hooked up one of my dongles to the receiver and it said adapter connected ...but never came on so I checked the settings and it was on static fron trying to make the wiz110sr to work .....so I switched back to dhcp or what ever it is and walla it kicked in and now all I have to do is align my dish better where it wont be running fine for 45 seconds and click off for 6 seconds ....ill start on it tomorrow .....I just love it .....
    thanks again for all your help (and a special thanks goes out to abouttosnap he was there when I needed him most)......