Thread: Need Help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Need Help

Lost complete power to my LimeSat Air from the last ECM (9/11/14) does anyone know how to get it back up?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,036x in 1,728 Posts

Are you saying no power or no picture? If no picture read to see that your iks is up and try rebooting everything if it is...
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

No I have no power at all? Very wired but it happen after the ECM any thoughts?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,036x in 1,728 Posts

So, no lights on on the receiver at all? I'd check that there's power coming into the receiver and try a hard reboot with the back switch...an ecm shouldn't have anything to do with no power...you're right, that's weird.
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Maybe your box is on a switched receptacle and someone turned it off. Wouldn't be the first time.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Did some reading on the form and some members experience the same issue (in the past) that I am having but Jazzman your right this has nothing to do with an ECM. One factor that could affect my issue would be not having the unit plugged into a surge protector which I did have it plug in, I also had a strong laptop cooling fan running on the unit at all times.

I unplugged all wires and let the unit sit over night, re-plugged everything in the AM but nothing, the unit is not receiving power. One prior post said to check the power supply board and see if any of the "small cans connected to the board are bulged out or domed up" which none of mines are?

The last post said 3 head LNB from dish requires 650 mA to run right, the receiver can only supply 500 mA, ( I am running a 3 head LNB) you will eventually burn out or damage your receiver's power supply. I have had my unit for over 3 years could it be that the power supply is blown out?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

If there is power at the plug and nothing at the box, then good chance your problem is power supply.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 7 Posts

Unplug everything (sat cable, usb, etc.) and just turn on the receiver and see if it works. If it works, attach one thing at a time. My problem was a bad lnb.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

Quote Originally Posted by bluenose2 View Post
    Unplug everything (sat cable, usb, etc.) and just turn on the receiver and see if it works. If it works, attach one thing at a time. My problem was a bad lnb.
    Umm...Just a recommendation here. Turn switch off on back before plugging in any of the above then turn receiver on and check.