Thread: openbox x5 won't boot up

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Question openbox x5 won't boot up

hi my openbox x5 with winmax ,is stuck on load.on the display, it isnot boothing up.
    thanks for any help.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Try this:

Power it down with the remote, then with the switch in back and unplug it from the AC wall socket.
    Disconnect everything from the receiver, all coax, HDMI, video, audio and network cables. (just remember where they go.)
    Wait 30 seconds, then plug it back into the AC wall socket, turn the switch on in the back, turn it on with the remote, see if it comes up. (about 20 to 30 seconds or more)

If it does then power it back down (remote then switch in back) and reconnect all cables, (double check the connections) then power it back up, rear switch first then remote, it should boot up (20 to 30 seconds or more) if it doesn't then then power it back down all the way and disconnect the coax from the dish (or switch), power it back up, if it doesn't boot up then you may have to do a reinstall of the software via the USB port using a USB key drive.

Remeber to always totally power it down before disconnecting the coax from the dish or switch.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    Try this:

Power it down with the remote, then with the switch in back and unplug it from the AC wall socket.
    Disconnect everything from the receiver, all coax, HDMI, video, audio and network cables. (just remember where they go.)
    Wait 30 seconds, then plug it back into the AC wall socket, turn the switch on in the back, turn it on with the remote, see if it comes up. (about 20 to 30 seconds or more)

If it does then power it back down (remote then switch in back) and reconnect all cables, (double check the connections) then power it back up, rear switch first then remote, it should boot up (20 to 30 seconds or more) if it doesn't then then power it back down all the way and disconnect the coax from the dish (or switch), power it back up, if it doesn't boot up then you may have to do a reinstall of the software via the USB port using a USB key drive.

Remeber to always totally power it down before disconnecting the coax from the dish or switch.
    how to do a recovery true a usb stik

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

dose this box have a factoyr file.where can I find the rs232 loader.thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by calbo View Post
    how to do a recovery true a usb stik
    I don't know if this will work with the winmax firmware or not but you can try it, get the newest firmware from the file section
    and unzip it or unrar what ever the case may be send it to your usb drive now that you have it on the usb drive open the drive
    then right click and make a new folder, after you have a new folder rename the folder -recovery- then drag and drop the firmware
    into the recovery folder, now that you have that turn off the openbox with the power switch then put the usb into the front usb port
    now press and hold the ok button on the front of the open box and at the same time turn the power on and keep holding the ok button until you see it start loading then just let it load.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iq180 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 14 Posts

Calbo, did you fix the box??.Today Ihad the same problem. The display say'loading' and 'loading'and 'loading' . I unplug the box from the power , disconect all wires for about 5-6 hours ,then plug it and the box is OK now ..