Thread: prosatv8 newbie to fta

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default prosatv8 newbie to fta

Hi! Iam new to fta recently bought prosatv8. I have worked with some of the older fta boxes a few years ago but got out of the loop I have a couple questions hope someone can help as there are only a few sites that actually list these receivers. ok! first ? do i have to enter all ten private servers that i have seen on some sites, does this help the connection to the ethernet as sometimes i have a connection and shows a number 2. and sometimes says connected but there is no number after. and the screen says scramble channel will entering the ten private servers help with that, allowing it to have more possible server connections.

If anyone has some great suggestions or has more experience with these boxes it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank U!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 301x in 187 Posts
    Items TVthe travel gnomeDishCrown RoyalHockey

unless you have 10 different subs it will not help, in fact it will most likely cause issues to have the same info entered into different server slots, now if you use more than one server and they are different than you can have them entered in seperate server slots and if one server goes down the receiver will roll to the next server and so on till the receiver finds an active server

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    unless you have 10 different subs it will not help, in fact it will most likely cause issues to have the same info entered into different server slots, now if you use more than one server and they are different than you can have them entered in seperate server slots and if one server goes down the receiver will roll to the next server and so on till the receiver finds an active server
    thanx bobby! I have 2 of the same servers entered in slot 1 and slot 3 and a different 1 entered in slot 2 could slot 1 and 3 be conflicting and shud i just have 1 of those entered the box came set like that from the previous owner. I have had it working in the past but have had trouble with many tp have low or no signal, had the dish aimed by sat guy and my signal for the sat is very good i have owned the box for 6 months and my subscription is good. like i said previous im kind of new to these boxes.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

box will still not connect to server. I hate this f*****G thing

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

friend if nothing has worked do a factory default on your receiver,re-load the file and try from scratch,good luck....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 189x in 136 Posts

In order to enter your PS info properly, you have to press the red button on your remote to save the info, I have setup several of these receivers, always press red button after entering the info, just to be sure, and double check, each entry, if you do this you won't have any problems! Oh! use server 1, do not enter the same info for any other server #'s.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gwrowe For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks thats a great help the seller of the receiver told me to enter the server info that way because i was having trouble connecting. Thanks again for the useful info

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Ok! so i shut off 1 of the doubled servers and still the server wont connect. here it is in a nut shell I have an internet connection, level 80 quality 95, Server1 has 4nfps, 2 has 6nfps , the third 1 had 4 also but i shut it off, tried to connect to 4 and 6 server will not connect. the channels will come in for 2,3, days then out for about 2 days and so on. should i re enter the info on 4 and 6 servers and save to see if it connects.