Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Tuner Receiver

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ro_54 View Post
    Tubo fec encryption is the problem for HD. Can Gigablue receive turbofec encrypted channels?
    I am not sure what turbofec encrypted really mean, but if some receivers can crack it than Dreamboxes and GigaBlues will do that as well.
    However, topicstarter asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by coutorouto View Post
    Hello,
    Can anyone tell me if there are any two tuner receivers on the market?

I want to be able to record a show on one channel and watch a different show on another.

Is this possible?
    This could be easily done by any mentioned by me receivers. They can do even more than asked, for example Watch one channel, simultaneously record another two and stream another one to local network.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

"Turbo FEC" is a secial Forward Error Correction code used by Dish and BEV (and a few others) to help pack more error free data into the down link signal from the HD transponders, (helps get more HD channels on one HD transponder) it is a proprietary code used by very few satellite signal providers.

To receive standard HD signals (like those from the linear satellites) you do not need an HD modual with the turbo FEC, any standard HD FTA receiver can do this just fine.

However to recive the signals from Dish and the others that use turbo FEC you will need the special tuner, this tuner module CAN NOT be installed by the factory and directly imported into the US or Canada, customs would seize the shipment and destroy it, as Dish and BEV do not use FTA receivers to decrypt their signals, only their receivers are legally allowed to do this.

This is why the tuner is only offered as a option to be installed by the user.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12