Thread: k- hub with captive works 800?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default k- hub with captive works 800?

Hi Will a k-hub work with my captive works 800 receiver to p-u IKS?????? thx.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

As far as I know the khub is for the kbox and uses a specific set of commands that kbox programmed in for IKS. The CW box will not know that command set, but you might be able to re-program the box's code to support it. I would think that that would be a lot of work, but if you want to do it, I would say go for it and I would help. You will have to know how to add code to your box: fix checksums, disassemble code, write C code--that sort of thing.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Thanks for getting back quickly, that re-programming is way above my level, so I will pass for now. I saw 1 used in my area for $20 and thought it my might work, for a cheap price. If I find a k-box, Ill reconsider, or probably buy a new dreamlink thx. again. cheers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

There are SPI based web interfaces that are only $2 or so US--it would be a lot better project getting those up on some of these old boxes than playing with something as proprietary as khub IMO. Still lots of work, but likely easier than the khub would be.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gregguy View Post
    that re-programming is way above my level
    Just as a followup--comments like the above are proof that it is not actually "above your level" as to make the comment required you to read and write, post on a forum on the web, and that forum was a satellite FTA one. That shows that you have language skills, can open and run programs on a computer, have basic technical skills and can adapt your skills to FTA box (have you ever thought just how complex an adaption it is to use new FTA remote and navigate the menus?--it is on par with learning to use PC to write C programs and disassemble code). Now you might never have trained in programming and you might have no talent for it, but you have the skills needed. Throw in the fact that you likely have had to learn things like azimuth elevation and skew and it pretty much shows an adaptive mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post: