Thread: Keep Losing the Network Settings

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Keep Losing the Network Settings

I had the Prosat V8 working fine, but, gradually I started having difficulty keeping the network settings to remain. They kept jumping to 0's in both Static and DH.. I purchased a new Powerline ethernet and it was great for about 1 day and now it just works sometimes and sometimes is will say that 'ethernet is not connected'. This was the same with my previous powerline and that is why I purchased a new set. So frustrating to have all my codes and can't get things back up and running. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone make suggestions for what to do?
    My router is a WD900 and seems to work ok for by laptop to be online...no lost connections...but, this receiver just can't keep a connection up and running.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

I have no idea but will make couple of suggestions.
    Check that powerlines are directly into wall plug and the same with receiver.
    Check that the wall plug where the power line is not switched. (light switch to turn power on/off)
    Check that home wiring doesn't have add on panel. All wiring comes from same panel.
    And of course plug the box into router(hardwire) to make sure that the problem is not the box.

If I think of anything else I will edit. good luck

Did a check on your router and here is what I found C/P>WD has discontinued the whole My Net product line in early 2014; the original MSRP of N900 is around 149 USD////\
    Doesn't sound like a great router....Also noticed there was a download or update for the router. Maybe try the update if you haven't already. Good luck

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241x in 433 Posts

Thanks to whoknows he has done some good research for you.To determine if it is the router or wall plugs. run a hard wire from router to receiver (temporary, 100 feet of cat 5 is cheap) if it runs ok then it's the adapters if not then its the router.You could also bypass the router and test directly from your modem.(process of elimination will help determine your issue) Another possibility would be the network card in the receiver. If you discover its your adapters you may want to get a better set with a higher mbps ratio, or if you are running the adapters in a multi level home an extender may be required between floors to boost signal. Just spit balling a bit here. Good luck.
    Last edited by Hunter11; 11-29-2014 at 03:28 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter11 For This Useful Post:

hedley is offline VIP/Satfix 2014 NFL Pool Week #13 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,180x in 997 Posts
    Items A Beer
Gift received at 05-02-2015, 08:22 PM from nob0dy

enjoy !USAMexicoWhiskey

make sure that your powerline adapters are connected to the wall socket and not to a power strip.
    Luca Brasi Swims With me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hedley For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241x in 433 Posts

Yes extension cords and power-bars are not considered compatible with the power-line Ethernet adapters.Thanks hedley. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hedley View Post
    make sure that your powerline adapters are connected to the wall socket and not to a power strip.