Thread: No Signal on Viewsat Max HD

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 41x in 17 Posts

Default No Signal on Viewsat Max HD

I really love this receiver, but all of a sudden there is no signal at all.

I moved it to another location which I verified has signal and nothing.
    Did a reset, reloaded the software and nothing.
    Took out the HD add on board, still nothing.

Anything else I can try or is the receiver worn out? Hate to toss it, I love the recording and HD function.

Thanks!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

what do you mean no signal,try posting posting what dish and lnbs your using,and what sats your pointing too,and settings for each sat,and what switch your using if any,that way someone can help you.....
    Last edited by steven charles; 12-18-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 41x in 17 Posts

Thanks for the help. I opened up the receiver and didn't see much that looked like it had burned out. I took all the cables off to look at everything better and buttoned it all back up.

When I hooked the receiver back up it worked again. Must have been a bad connection in one of the cable connectors.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep using it, if it stops working again, i'll post my dish info, but looks good for now.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chigaro View Post
    Thanks for the help. I opened up the receiver and didn't see much that looked like it had burned out. I took all the cables off to look at everything better and buttoned it all back up.

When I hooked the receiver back up it worked again. Must have been a bad connection in one of the cable connectors.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep using it, if it stops working again, i'll post my dish info, but looks good for now.
    friend it might be the 8spsk module that get hot and the receiver,you try putting another little fan inside or a small fan outside on the side of the receiver to cool down the module and receiver,not sure how long you had the module,but it might be going bad if its over heating this way,just when your not using the receiver unplug it from the outlet,that way when you go to turn it back on it should be cooled down,and you might have to replace the module soon,but for now at least it working even when over heating.....
    Last edited by steven charles; 12-18-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 41x in 17 Posts

thanks. i recently bought one of those red 8spsk modules with the heat sink on it and that seemed to work better for a while. by the way, you can add on a heat sink to the old green units, they are on ebay for a couple of bucks. would have done that, but the red one was 15 bucks.

when not in use, i turn off the power to the receiver, so it should be cool when i turn it on. i have seen the plans for adding a fan to the unit, it does seem to run hot when in use. i'll keep an eye on it and add the fan if it stops working again. i'm glad it's back working, i love the recording function on the unit, very easy to use.

thanks for the help my friend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chigaro For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

you welcome friend.....