Thread: ku and motor

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 28x in 19 Posts
    Items Dish

Default ku and motor

hello guys i just got me a 33 inch dish and motor still trying to figure the motor part out. any of u guys go any tips on how to get it in the ark i have tried and tried and have not got it thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

I used the satellite closest to my longitude to get mine to track and as a starting point and tweaked from there.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by rambos420 View Post
    hello guys i just got me a 33 inch dish and motor still trying to figure the motor part out. any of u guys go any tips on how to get it in the ark i have tried and tried and have not got it thanks
    First thing you need is your pole level, next the motor needs to point to your true south, then you need to set the motor elevation
    for your location, then set the dish elevation.
    If you have run the motor you need to run it back to =0= then press the reset button.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iq180 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

What type/brand of LNB are you using???**

Here is a little video to help you out.

Code:
    http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm
    Also dishpointer.com has an app for helping you find due South from your location, trying to find due South with an uncorrected compass is hard to do if you have never done it before.

Once the dish is set to due South, and the elevation on the dish and motor is set correctly for your location, you can then try and look for the satellite that is closest to due South from your location.

This satellite may or may not be one from dish or bell, it may be a linear satellite, **so your LNB that your using needs to be able to handle both the high "Ku" and low "Ku" bands, and be able to switch between circular and linear polarization to handle all the satellites in the arc of the Clark belt.

High and low "Ku" bands, high = 12.2 to 12.7 GHz (circularly polarized L&R), low = 10.2 (this depends on the satellite) to 12.2 GHz (mostly linear polarization H&V, except for 118.8W)
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 28x in 19 Posts
    Items Dish

its a universal linear 10750 lnb not sure on the brand i plan on buying a invcom lnb for both circular and linear. now my next question is i have a variety of stbs from limesat ultra limesat hd air with ls400, nfusion hd, nfusion solaris, mega tvi, jynxbox ultra hd v2, and a good old openbox s10 out of all of them can u recommend a good one to use for the true fta element of it and motor operation i always thought i read the the s10 is good on true fta but maybe my mind is going i dunno you guys are the pros on this i know all there is to know about circular but have yet to lock a linear sat. i do appreciate the input

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I've found that the newer the box, the better it seems to pull signals out of the noise. My openbox s16 does better than all the others I have, but a no name DBV-S2 that is Mstar inside does pretty good too (the last box that I've bought and it was very cheap).

None of that matters at circular though, only linear. Circular sats are high power sats and any box is likely to do just fine.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,257x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Your openbox would be the best for true fta, the others you mentioned above are more meant for services such as iks.