Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good signal and quality went to good signal with 0% quality over night??? Please help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Unhappy Good signal and quality went to good signal with 0% quality over night??? Please help

Hello all I've got a problem I have a 360 elite and have a problem with my quality going to 0% overnight its been working fine for years I've tried a new lnb and changed to correct settings tried new switch and by-passing switch and running strait to box tried grounding out the switch and bypassing any points of failure like the grounding block any suggestions is the box fried ???

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

If you have a good "S" reading and it has not changed by 5 to 10 % then your system is working to a point, (coax, switch and LNB working) that type(s) of LNB(s) do you have?

Can you try another receiver?

And what Satellite(s) are you looking at? And did this affect all satellites your looking at?
    ♫♫♫ I知 a lumberjack and I知 OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Sorry for late reply The New lnb is a triple hd turbo looking at 110 119 and I did try a old different receiver and it did the same thing but not sure if that reciever works or not?? And to your question of whether signal changes 5-10% it does on the 1 receiver but not the other? And yes it did affect all sats they were all the same signal with no quality which was strange and made me think the switch was bad.
    Last edited by hkat777; 01-12-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Check the receivers DC output, see if it's above +12 volts DC.

To do this you will need a DVM and a small paper clip, power down the receiver with the switch in back then disconnect the coax from the LNB, using the paper clip insert it in to the "F" connector where the coax from the LNB was.

Turn on the receiver, set the DVM to DC volts, the red lead goes to the paper clip, the black lead goes to chassis ground, turn on the receiver, you should have +12 volts DC or more, if under 12 volts the the receivers LNB power circuit is shot.

The SonicView 360 was one of very few FTA receivers that can power the three headed LNB from dish with out a DC power inserter.

You can take a look at the receivers power supply, there are some electrolytic caps that may have gone bad, they dry out after time, look for some small metal cans, they may be black or grey, if the tops look bulged out then they are bad, they should have flat tops, these caps can be replaced if you know what your doing.

Here is a photo of the caps, the one on the left is good, the one on the right is bad.

"If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Ok thanks will test in a min

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Weird? Both boxes do the same thing no quality viewsat signal is steady tho 360 fluctuates but the viewsat is getting 13+volts but the 360 says there is only .761 volts???

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

I'll look into the caps when I get a min I've got a 8000hd coming soon so hopefully that will take care of it if not I guess you'll be hearing back thank you for your time I really appreciate it

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

If you use a different receiver then the SV360 you will need a DPP power supply and inserter from a DPP44 switch,(but not the switch) otherwise the LNB may FUBAR the new receiver.

"Can you HIDE it"?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Ok thanks for the advice

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I have the same problem and did the testing on the output DC but my reading is almost 30 Volts I change the cable and change the LNb for a new one still no quality

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Well I just got the new box made sure dish was aligned properly and still no quality?? I'm going to try a new cable from basement to dish and see if that helps Any suggestions???

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

Quote Originally Posted by hkat777 View Post
    Well I just got the new box made sure dish was aligned properly and still no quality?? I'm going to try a new cable from basement to dish and see if that helps Any suggestions???
    friend make sure your putting the right settings for each sat your pointing too,but double check that the dish is alighn right if not your not going to get good signal and quality,also try posting your settings for each sat the problem might be there also.....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Well I had a friend friend that works for dish align the dish with his handheld for the new triple lnb just to make sure and what's got me is it was working fine for years and then out of nowhere overnight it had no quality? I also installed the power supply and inserter per your recommendation for the triple lnb and still nothing? Is it possible to have good signal with no quality of a mouse happens to chew thru some of the cable?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

Quote Originally Posted by hkat777 View Post
    Well I had a friend friend that works for dish align the dish with his handheld for the new triple lnb just to make sure and what's got me is it was working fine for years and then out of nowhere overnight it had no quality? I also installed the power supply and inserter per your recommendation for the triple lnb and still nothing? Is it possible to have good signal with no quality of a mouse happens to chew thru some of the cable?
    somebody else didn,t have no quality etheir on there sonicview 360 premier and his problem that I told him to post the settings for each sat and told him to put for sat 119 tp 12297 and for his 110 tp 12282,and if still no quality to tweak or adjust the dish a little and he adjusted the dish and got the quality back.sometimes if the dish is not tight enough it,ll move with the wind,what you can do its take a small portable tv and your receiver is and put the settings and everything and move the dish little by little watching the signal on your tv,until you hit the quality try to get it as high as you can in the upper 90,s.....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

And did I mention that the signal isn steady it fluctuates around 10 up and down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast