Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good signal and quality went to good signal with 0% quality over night??? Please help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

Quote Originally Posted by hkat777 View Post
    And did I mention that the signal isn steady it fluctuates around 10 up and down
    its sounding more like you have some capacitors that are burn out,you can check them yourself by taking the cover off,to see if you see any burn out or blowed or popup,not sure if the elite and premier have the same capacitors as the sonicview 8000 hd usually are the #c10 and #c24 that burnout on the 8000 hd,check the capacitors on your receiver,it could be a number of things,that it causing the problem,like the rg6 cable and connectors,the power supply box,or simply that the dish is out of alignment,if you know somebody close to you that has sub with dish or a fta receiver take the receiver over there if everything works fine over there it means the dish moved and needs to be tweaked or adjusted a little.....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Ok thanks for the ideas I will check the caps and try to take box over to a friends tomorrow and see what happens when I hook to a known good setup

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hkat777 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Well I checked the caps on both my 360 and the used 8000hd I just bought nothing looked bulged I took them plus my old viewsat over to a friends neither worked no quality so I tried the viewsat and it works and also works fine at my house?? So Im guessing their both fried and I need to get my $ back for the 8000hd and I'm pretty sure one can't use an a dongle on a viewsat?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

Well I checked the caps on both my 360 and the used 8000hd I just bought nothing looked bulged I took them plus my old viewsat over to a friends neither worked no quality so I tried the viewsat and it works and also works fine at my house?? So Im guessing their both fried and I need to get my $ back for the 8000hd and I'm pretty sure one can't use an a dongle on a viewsat?
    well friend the power supply boxes probably fried on both boxes,unless you want buy 1 of the power supply boxes on ebay there about 30 or 40 bucks each or on your viewsat ultra you can use the xfta router those are your choices.....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

hello i got the 8000hd today and its saying the same thing no quality but viewsat shows quality wondering if it just might need setup? so i was wondering if you could possibly point me in the direction to the procedure to set up the 8000 hd I've got the 2028.bin loaded but cant seem to find any other stickies on what i may need to do i really appreciate your help thanks in advance

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

And did I mention that the signal isn steady it fluctuates around 10 up and down
    The signal fluctuation means that the receiver or power inserter is ether not supplying DC power to the LNB, the coax to the #1 LNB port has a short in it somewhere, or the LNB type is set wrong.

The SonicView receivers have the same setups from one to the other.

LNB type needs to be OCS-DP in all satellite setup menus for the Dish 1000 LNB.

Diseqc switch settings need to be, for 119 = #1, for 110 = #2 and for 129 = #3.

For the 119 satellite you need to use TP 12457R to make sure your lined up correctly, this is the center satellite, and the Dish 1000 LNB (and Dish) needs to be peaked on this satellite.

110 and 129 will be tweaked in by skewing the dish.
    ♫♫♫ I知 a lumberjack and I知 OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

OK lets start over, run a single coax from the DC power inserter to the #1 port of the Dish 1000 LNB, then a second coax from the #2 port on the LNB directly to your 8000 receiver.

Then use the following settings.

119W.
    LNB Type OCS-DP
    LNB Freq 11250
    22K off
    LNB Power ON
    Transponder 12457
    Search Opt All
    Network Switch On
    Diseqc Port 1
    Motor Disabled
    Legacy Switch Off

110W
    LNB Type OCS-DP
    LNB Freq 11250
    22K off
    LNB Power ON
    Transponder 12224
    Search Opt All
    Network Switch On
    Diseqc Port 2
    Motor Disabled
    Legacy Switch Off

129W
    LNB Type OCS-DP
    LNB Freq 11250
    22K off
    LNB Power ON
    Transponder 12516
    Search Opt All
    Network Switch On
    Diseqc Port 3
    Motor Disabled
    Legacy Switch Off

If this does not work then you have some serious problems and may need a pro to come look at the system.

"If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Ok thanks I will try this first thing in the morning thank you so much for your continued help

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hkat777 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Ive got quality and signal 2 issues tho 1st is signal and quality is sporadic 1 minute it has s/q next it disappears
    2nd I've lost the access to ip config settings under settings it's just not there do I need to update rom and if so what file? Also Is there there possibly an issue with power supply or inverter not giving enough juice to lnb's causing it to be sporadic? And it seems as if somehow the dish got unaligned as I re pathed it and got s/q back or like I said possibly the inverter any suggestions? Thank you so much for your continued help
    Last edited by hkat777; 01-24-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Did you run a SEPARATE coax from the "To switch port 1" on the DC power inserter directly to the #1 LNB port?

And a second coax directly to the #2 port on the LNB?

If so then you have something wrong with ether the receiver or a short in the coax going to the LNB or a bad DC power inserter, do you have a DVM? (digital volt meter)

If so then we can take a look at the DC power going up to the LNB.

"Can you HIDE it"?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

I used the current configuration so I'll have to see which line is going where when I get home and yes I do have a dvm it seems ok at the moment? But I need to know what file I need load in order to get the ipconfig setting back on the receiver?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

I used the current configuration so I'll have to see which line is going where when I get home and yes I do have a dvm it seems ok at the moment? But I need to know what file I need load in order to get the ipconfig setting back on the receiver?
    If you have an original iHub use the es22-2028 CCE file...if you have the wiz110sr then use the es22-2028_Nochk file. Should be able to use the Nochk for either if you prefer. You may want to check to see if the iHub has come loose from the receiver...that will cause the receiver to loose the network settings menu sometimes.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Ok and the elite es22 file will work with the 8000hd also couple issues it doesn't say network adapt connected like my elite did on start up and half the time when I hit ipconfig it says network adapter not ready? Also is it typical that you can't tell if it's connected I'm used to the sonic view elites format this is all new to me Never had so many issues in my life lol
    Last edited by hkat777; 01-25-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Ok and the elite es22 file will work with the 8000hd also couple issues it doesn't say network adapt connected like my elite did on start up and half the time when I hit ipconfig it says network adapter not ready? Also is it typical that you can't tell if it's connected I'm used to the sonic view elites format this is all new to me Never had so many issues in my life lol
    The 8000HD uses either the HD20-2028 CCE or the HD20-2028_Nochk...depends on the iHub...if you are not getting adapter connect then there is a problem somewhere. If you are having problems with the 8000 you may want to start a thread in that section...never messed with 8000...got a 360P myself.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 5 Posts

Thanks everyone everything is up and running i really really not sure what caused the quality issue but everything is good now thanks again for all your help i really appreciate your time

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hkat777 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12