Thread: Oregon vs Ohio State College Championship Tonite

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Oregon vs Ohio State College Championship Tonite

Opposites will attract when the second-seeded Oregon Ducks kickoff against the fourth-seeded Ohio State Buckeyes in the first-ever College Football Playoff National Championship game tonight.

The winner of this matchup will become the least questioned national champion in the history of NCAA football and first to win after a four-team playoff. The National Championship had previously been decided between two teams with the highest BCS ranking.

Cobra.......I`d be thrilled if Ohio State makes a game of it....but I just can`t see anyone even coming close to the Ducks.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,226x in 7,919 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

I agree the Ducks dismantled Alabama but I would rather cheer for the Buckeyes.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Costactc For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I agree the Ducks dismantled Alabama but I would rather cheer for the Buckeyes.
    I was shocked at how well the Ducks did vs Bama.....but I wasn`t surprised that the Bucks beat Fl State. Gotta figure this game may be over in the 3rd quarter tho....hope I`m wrong because college football is made for major upsets.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

I,m taking the buckeyes all the way,the ducks are going down tonight.....

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steven charles For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by steven charles View Post
    I,m taking the buckeyes all the way,the ducks are going down tonight.....
    I honestly hope you`re right because being a Big Ten fan I`d love to see the Buckeyes pull it off.....I just can`t see it happening.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I,ll take a guess on the scores,probably I see the buckeyes winning 42 to 31 something like that,go buckeyes.....

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steven charles For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Hope I`m wrong but I see the Ducks making a statement on National TV a big statement to the tune of something like 45-17

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

KIDWCKED is offline Visiting Dignitary/Satfix 2021 NFL week 1 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,425x in 4,579 Posts
    Items Some beerMartini
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:27 AM from hedley
Gift received at 11-13-2013, 11:18 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM from ICEMAN

Marcus Mariota is stellar...So Ducks or Bucks?..hmmm..thats a tough one..gonna go with Ducks..
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KIDWCKED For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,785x in 6,144 Posts
    Items HookahA BeerFootballGolfACDCGuitar2street BikeCheckered Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KIDWCKED View Post
    Marcus Mariota is stellar...So Ducks or Bucks?..hmmm..thats a tough one..gonna go with Ducks..
    I'm goin with the Bucks.........

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steveOtoo For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,243x in 3,573 Posts
    Items beer
Gift received at 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM from JCO

c/p...

Oregon was forced to bench two players because of failed drug tests days before the team competes in the first College Football Playoff title game, the latest hit to a roster already depleted by injuries.

Wide receiver Darren Carrington and running back Ayele Forde did not travel with Oregon for Monday's national championship game against Ohio State after each failed NCAA-mandated drug test. Carrington tested positive for marijuana; the results of Forde's test weren't disclosed.

Oregon coach Mark Helfrich insisted Saturday that the team remained focused.

"Unfortunately, we've been tested in the realm of guys not being available for whatever reason all season long," Helfrich said. "And our guys have stepped up."

The loss of Carrington is particularly difficult for the Ducks, who are already short at receiver for Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Marcus Mariota.

The players were tested before the team's Rose Bowl appearance, a person with direct knowledge of the tests told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because of student privacy rules.

The NCAA conducts random drug testing for championship events and bowl games. Those tests can be done before or after an event and the school is given no notice about how many players will be tested.

A failed test for recreational drugs results in the NCAA requiring the school to declare the player ineligible. The penalty for a failed test is 50 percent of a season, which means Carrington could miss up to five games next year. The national championship would have been Forde's last game.

Oregon can appeal the NCAA ruling. But on Saturday, Oregon coaches and players said they were moving forward without Carrington and Forde.

"I think anytime you put something in your body that doesn't belong there it's a bad decision," Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost said.

Not having Carrington leaves the Ducks down two key wide receivers against Ohio State. Carrington, a 6-foot-2, 191-pound redshirt freshman, had seven catches for 166 yards and two touchdowns in Oregon's Rose Bowl victory over Florida State.

Mariota said the team was disappointed and that he hadn't talked to Carrington.

"I think a lot of guys feel guilty like they should have helped, including myself," Mariota said. "It's tough."

Last week, Oregon lost redshirt freshman receiver Devon Allen on the opening kickoff with a knee injury. Allen had 41 catches for 684 yards and seven touchdowns.

The Ducks have also been playing for the last four games without star tight end Pharoah Brown, who went down with a season-ending leg injury against Utah.

And before the season started, junior receiver Bralon Addison tore a ligament in his left knee. Although Addison said Saturday at the team's media availability in Dallas that he could play in the championship game, Oregon's coaches don't want to burn his redshirt year.

The Ducks weren't only hit by injuries to receivers. They also were able to overcome a spate of injuries to their offensive line.

"We have a bunch of highly skilled guys that are very confident in what they're doing," Helfrich said. "Marcus is confident in those guys and we're confident in those guys."

Carrington's absence leaves Oregon, which regularly uses three- and four-receiver formations, with Byron Marshall (66 catches for 834 yards), Dwayne Stafford (39 for 578), Keanon Lowe (25 for 359) and freshman Charles Nelson (11 for 101) to rely on.

"We all know as receivers that we're going to have to step up. It's the last game of the season. We're going to have to make plays and play basically our best game ever," Nelson said.

Helfrich confirmed that Forde was not with the team because of an NCAA policy matter. A team spokesman said it was for the same reason as Carrington's absence.

Forde, a senior running back who is a contributor on special teams, played in all 14 games this season, with three carries for 17 yards. He had a carry for five yards in the Pac-12 championship against Arizona.

It is not the first time a player at Oregon have faced allegations of marijuana use. Back in 2012, a report in ESPN The Magazine estimated that between 40 and 60 percent of Oregon players used marijuana — which was blasted by then-coach Chip Kelly as inaccurate.

The state approved a measure last fall that legalizes certain amounts of the drug for recreational use. However, that law does not take effect until July 1, and Oregon maintains an aggressive drug policy for its student athletes, which includes random testing. The program has not indicated that would change with legalization.

"I think the biggest thing, from our standpoint, is there's no study from a student athlete-type perspective that (marijuana) is a positive in any way," Helfrich said at a news conference the day the measure passed.

Though legalization efforts also have succeeded in Washington state and Colorado, the NCAA maintains its policy against positive tests for drugs, including marijuana, at championship events. Schools in those states have also maintained drug policies for athletes.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hutch For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I told you cobra the ducks would go down,buckeyes 42-20 ducks....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to steven charles For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Vintage truck

Quote Originally Posted by steven charles View Post
    I told you cobra the ducks would go down,buckeyes 42-20 ducks....
    You sure did...... I was never so happy to be wrong.

I did have pretty much the right score tho (45-17)LMAO....wrong team but right score.