Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes are National Champs

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Default Ohio State Buckeyes are National Champs

Ezekiel Elliott rushed for four touchdowns and 246 yards as the Ohio State Buckeyes defeated the Oregon Ducks 42-20 in the College Football Playoff National Championship game on Monday night.

Elliott's 246 yards were a championship game record, while quarterback Cardale Jones added a passing touchdown and rushing touchdown with 242 passing yards.

With the win, the Buckeyes won their fifth national title and first under head coach Urban Meyer.

The former University of Florida head coach is the second coach in history to win a National Championship with two separate schools. In that category, Meyer is joined Alabama's Nick Saban, who he defeated in the Sugar Bowl. Saban won the National Championship with LSU before winning three more titles with Alabama. Meyer coached the Gators to national titles in both 2006 and 2008. He debuted with Ohio State in 2012.

Oregon quarterback and 2014 Heisman winner Marcus Mariota finished with 333 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.

Ohio State overcame four turnovers, holding the Ducks to 10 points on ensuing possessions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Well I was so sure that the score would be something like 45-17 and I was pretty close..........of course I picked the wrong team to win but I was pretty close LMFAO

If anyone had a coming out party it certainly was Ezikiel Elliot who blasted his way thru the Ducks defense who had no answer.