Thread: Trying to get a channel

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Default Trying to get a channel

I haven't put up an antenna for this at home yet but you were all so helpful for me at my vacation home. I'm looking to get KNRR. I was going to buy that bowtie antenna at MCM but I think KNRR is VHF (channel 12) and the antenna is UHF.

Here is my tvfool report:

hXXp://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d2c150320821cc 6

(take out the space between the c and the 6 at the end. I can't remove it for some reason)

Here is that bowtie antenna again. It says it goes 60-70 miles but KNRR is 70.1 miles away according to tvfool. I was thinking on putting in an inline power inserter.

hXXp://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/30-2425

Oh, And I am not worrying about any other channel. I get all of the other ones with my subscription. Can't get KNRR on the subscription.
    Last edited by dcapper; 01-27-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Oy, I don't think so: -93dB 70 miles and 2edge on an antenna that is not going to do a good job of getting the signal?
    You could build a VHF Hi antenna and have a better chance than that, but you don't get much more than +10 dB from most antenna and that leaves you a lot of dB too low.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    Oy, I don't think so: -93dB 70 miles and 2edge on an antenna that is not going to do a good job of getting the signal?
    You could build a VHF Hi antenna and have a better chance than that, but you don't get much more than +10 dB from most antenna and that leaves you a lot of dB too low.
    I kinda figured that. The cheap chinese ones wouldn't work for sure. There is a yagi at mcm that might work but I dunno.

hXXp://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/30-2440
    Last edited by dcapper; 01-27-2015 at 06:20 PM.