Thread: need help kbox going on and off?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 5 Posts

Default need help kbox going on and off?

Hi team,
    I need your help. My kbox prog was powered off when I turned on i had scan all channels. after scanning I did hard re-boot but it is not turning on. When I turn on, it shows H1 and then 4 dashes after a second it goes off.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241x in 433 Posts

You have a little testing to do,
    1.Does it still reboot when sat cable is disconnected? If it stops rebooting you have a short.
    2. Unplug and leave for a period of time say over an hour.
    3. Put the file on it again via serial cable.
    See if one of these resolves your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife View Post
    Hi team,
    I need your help. My kbox prog was powered off when I turned on i had scan all channels. after scanning I did hard re-boot but it is not turning on. When I turn on, it shows H1 and then 4 dashes after a second it goes off.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunter11 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 5 Posts

Thanks for reply. I just removed sat cable and re-boot it. Same response H1 and and 4dashs and goes off.
    Which file I need to load? Can I upload from my laptop? Also do I need to enter donation code again? I don't remember my code because it ws subscribed in april last year.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,700x in 619 Posts
    Items ATVA BeerSome beerCamaro
Gift received at 08-28-2013, 07:04 PM from darlinkat

Yes ..you will have to use the loader via computer...But if it goes on and off..it may be hardware trouble. But try a file first..but if it goes off while loading..you could be in trouble. You open case and check for and capacitors near power supply that are raised at top.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 1boxman For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Should have nothing to do with your code donation, you will have to load the file from the file section here for your reciever. Not sure if you will lose your donation code on the machine if you reload the file. I think I would power it off and unplug it for a while before you go the next route.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelife View Post
    Thanks for reply. I just removed sat cable and re-boot it. Same response H1 and and 4dashs and goes off.
    Which file I need to load? Can I upload from my laptop? Also do I need to enter donation code again? I don't remember my code because it ws subscribed in april last year.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter11 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Knew there was a guide on this around but it has been a while since I messed with my k-box and I had to go and run this guide down. The factory files are in the file section...this guide is for two different receivers so you will need to load the correct factory file for the K-box you have...and if memory serves me right once you load the factory file via loaded or usb you have to reenter the donation code...hope this helps:

C/P...they stole it from us so I'm stealing it back lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How To Fix K1-PLUS/Prodigy HI ERROR
    If your receiver has a HI error on your led display, this is how to fix it.
    Note down your antenna settings for all sats you are pointed at

1: Down load factory file and K1 Plus/Prodigy loader and unzip the factory file for both PRO (p) and PLUS (f)

2: Connect RS232 cable to the receiver and plug the power cord from the receiver into the wall with the main power source off on the receiver.
    (Use the light-grey serial cable (straight-thru) for K1 Plus receivers. Use the black serial cable (null-modem) for K1 PROdigy receivers)

3: Open the loader on your desk top. Locate the factory file with the browse button on the loader.

4: Now have your finger on the rear power button. Click it to the on position. When you see the H1 error appear on the display. Click CONNECT on the loader immediately. This may take a
    few tries but the receiver will eventually accept the file.

5: Load the latest file and reconnect the receiver back up to the your t.v.

6: Re enter all your dish dish settings, re scan all the sats you are pointed at and your good to go.

(Original by GaryGuru)

also as added info ...
    (Just_Angel)

c/p

Go to Device manager and find your USB to serial adapter(if using one) and change the Baud rate to 115200 bits per second. If you are NOT using a USB to serial adapter then do the same for the Communications port (Com 1).

To do this:

1. If using a USB to serial adapter, make sure the drivers are loaded and its plugged into your pc
    2. RIGHT click on "My Computer" and select "PROPERTIES"
    3. Click on the HARDWARE tab.
    4. Click on DEVICE MANAGER and a window will open displaying the devices on your pc
    5. Scroll down to PORTS (Com LPT) and click the + next to it.
    6. Double click on your USB adapter or Communications Port(Com 1), which ever applies.
    7.Now change the BAUD RATE to 115200 bits per second.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    End C/P

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Will he lose his donation code? he says he does not remember it (or have it?)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter11 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 5 Posts

Thank you all for your advise. I will try and will let you know.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter11 View Post
    Will he lose his donation code? he says he does not remember it (or have it?)
    I'm pretty sure once the factory file is loaded it will wipe out the donation #...some units will keep the info even if the factory is loaded but I don't think the K-box is one of them...going on memory here but I'm just about sure it will be lost.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 01-29-2015 at 07:29 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Yeah, it's a hit and miss at best from make and model to make and model. He's kinda lucky because he said it was up in April.
    Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    I'm pretty sure once the factory file is loaded it will wipe out the donation #...some units will keep the info even if the factory is loaded but I don't think the K-box is one of them...going on memory here but I'm just about sure it will be lost.