Thread: Amplified antenna question

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 5 Posts

Default Amplified antenna question

I was just wondering if you can boost the signal strength of a already amplified antenna and how if its possible.my digiwave ant-5006 is already amplified can I make it even stronger without destroying it

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 5 Posts

Ok any idea's on how to get a signal that is blocked by a building and mountain I'm in a apartment have a view of the north east and west but nothing for south because of where I am the only way is my daughters bedroom window facing the south east but a building and the mountain are in that area

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I think what you need is a translator. You put an antenna on the mountain to pick up signals, then either passively re-transmit the signals to you or convert the signals to another channel and transmit those. The 2nd option requires permission of the originating TV stations if you exceed certain power levels (as most likely would) and FCC licences--without those you are a "pirate".
    One of the reasons I use sites like this one is because with satellite dishes you can pick up TV signals that might not get to you in other ways.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Go to the site in the link below, enter your location, then where it says AGL enter your antennas elevation above ground, the see what you can get from that direction, if nothing looks to be with range try raising the AGL higher till you do, this will tell you whats going on.

That antenna you have will work in the green area, the further out the signal gets from center the bigger the antenna will have the be.

Code:
    http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29
    You can post the report link back here so we can take a look at it, make it a dead link by modding the http:// to hXXp://.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?