Thread: advise me please

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default advise me please

I want to test again. I am new to IKS. I seem to be able to find answers to the hard stuff, but cant find the basics.
    I don't want to use a computer to connect so I planned on buying a netgear wndr 3800 since it has a version of openwrt and dd wrt already installed and should be able to flash gargoyle using factory firmware. 16mb flash, 128mb ram. Out of the box, seemed like the easiest router to work with. How do I connect from router to 9000? would I use the serial pins to make a cable to go to the receiver? If so, is it the same configuration as for data transfer from a computer? Am I describing an fta dongle that I keep seeing people refer to and never knowing what it is? I cant seem to find one actually described to my satisfaction anywhere. Is it, main internet wireless router to
    gargoyle router, to 9000 via serial, to dish? If there is a way to connect to my 9000 without serial cable, wireless or otherwise, please advise me. Thanks for almost any advice.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,831x in 6,153 Posts
    Items HookahA BeerFootballGolfACDCGuitar2street BikeCheckered Flag

All i can tell you is that the XFTA router used to work with the Viewsat was flashed with gargoyle and had a serial connector as an addon coming out of the router. I would imagine you will have to wire up your own serial connector out of the router. I think XFTA routers are still sold online.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steveOtoo For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

I stated above that openwrt and ddwrt came pre installed on the wndr3800, I was wrong.