Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner for megatvi shd3000

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Default Tuner for megatvi shd3000

Hello,
    First post. Tried to find the solution in the forum but could not. Just want to know where can I buy a tuner that connects to the cable on the back? I have 0 signal and quality and its a bad tuner I guess.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,256x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Before jumping the gun on attaining a new tuner, have you hooked up another receiver to your feed to see if you have any signal? Your lnb or switch may be the issue.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did and its working so it's not the lnb or switch.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items GreeceCanada

You'd probably be better off just investing in another receiver unless you can find someone that isn't using there unit, mine is working spot on.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Costactc For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Any other suggestion to bring this almost dead horse back to life? I really like its picture quality and the security options. I can password protect everything on it. Missing that in Dreamlink T4. Thinking of getting the ammeter, voltmeter, ohmmeter tester to find out what is wrong with the tuner but would try first to see if i can get a new tuner.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items GreeceCanada

I know there are members on this site that have the mega, hopefully someone chimes in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Costactc For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

If this is a new stb out of the box then I would lean toward a possible power issue...if you had the unit a while then could possibly be the tuner and or module. You could take the two screws out pull the tuner and module out and re seat them both and see if that helps...if the problem remains then check it with a meter and see what you get. The sk200 modules I've seen on fleabay for around $15. On the tuner...I've had mine out before but never checked to see which one it was...I'm assuming it is a jb200...if you pull yours to resit I would check to see if it has a number on it and if it is a jb200 then I've seen those of fleabay as well for around $18 or so.

I had problems with mine out of the box running my motor...bought another power supply with more amps and so far I've not had any problems since...bought my Mega around June of last year.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 02-23-2015 at 04:20 AM. Reason: spelling

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Thanks a lot for the reply. I've been using it since April 2014 so the power issue is out of question. i don't know how to reset the tuner though. A quick post on how to reset tuner would definitely be appreciated.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Here's how it looks.image.jpg

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

From the looks of it I don't believe that is the same as the jb200 tuner so not sure if you could even buy a tuner for the Mega...haven't seen any that looks like that one one fleabay. The sk200 module (green board) can be gently lifted off of the tuner and then reinstalled or re seat it on the tuner...not sure it would fix the problem but thought it may have come loose some how. Sorry I spelled that wrong in my other post...meant to say re seat.

Could be the sk200 module has gone bad...I've seen two for the Mega on fleabay...green board like yours and also a red board...mine came with the red board...not sure if one is any better than the other...think the both sell for around the same price.

Something else you could try is to remove the sk200 board and reinstall the tuner and see if you get any Q & S...not sure if the Mega will work without the board on sd channels or not but I guess it is worth try. Worse case you could try another sk200 and see...price wise you wouldn't be out too much.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

I understand. Will try tomorrow morning sober and see if it can pick up some s&q without sk200. Right now, captain Morgan black is having good s&q
    Thanks for your help. Have a good night.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Damn1234 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    From the looks of it I don't believe that is the same as the jb200 tuner so not sure if you could even buy a tuner for the Mega...haven't seen any that looks like that one one fleabay. The sk200 module (green board) can be gently lifted off of the tuner and then reinstalled or re seat it on the tuner...not sure it would fix the problem but thought it may have come loose some how. Sorry I spelled that wrong in my other post...meant to say re seat.

Could be the sk200 module has gone bad...I've seen two for the Mega on fleabay...green board like yours and also a red board...mine came with the red board...not sure if one is any better than the other...think the both sell for around the same price.

Something else you could try is to remove the sk200 board and reinstall the tuner and see if you get any Q & S...not sure if the Mega will work without the board on sd channels or not but I guess it is worth try. Worse case you could try another sk200 and see...price wise you wouldn't be out too much.
    Hats off Pro....Thanks a million. Did what you suggested. pulled out the sk200 and reseated it. Bingo... The only problem now is that I only get s&q on 118. nothing on 110 or 119...does it need more power???

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

If it has been working fine in the past then I would say that power supply/adapter isn't the problem but I could be wrong. Mine would reboot over and over with the motor hooked up so I by passed the motor and ran straight to the lnb and then it seem to be fine...read where others had problems with the Mega and upping the amps seem to solve their problem so I found a used adapter on fleabay and tried it and it cured the problem.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    If it has been working fine in the past then I would say that power supply/adapter isn't the problem but I could be wrong. Mine would reboot over and over with the motor hooked up so I by passed the motor and ran straight to the lnb and then it seem to be fine...read where others had problems with the Mega and upping the amps seem to solve their problem so I found a used adapter on fleabay and tried it and it cured the problem.
    Thanks. Your input highly appreciated.
    BTW, miss those ftatalk days.... Just threw away VS Ultra, Ariza extreme, digiwave 700, VS 2000 and two more boxes.
    Last edited by Damn1234; 02-24-2015 at 01:51 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Damn1234 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Alive again and running like a stallion. Wonderful. Thanks for all the help from the people who chimed in.

First ftatalk and now satfix. Geniuses... Saludos.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damn1234 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast