Thread: has anyone tried this

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default has anyone tried this

I have many questions. Before I go any further I need to know if my 4 pin serial inside my router can send the data to my vs9000hd's serial connector. Netgear wndr3800. The open wrt people wont talk about fta .
    If it is possible to transfer data this way, can I clip a null cable and solder to appropriate pins in the router, or is dte, and dce an issue?

Ineedanewusersname is offline Member/Winner 2013 Satfix NFL Pool for week # 1 & week #4
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 229x in 116 Posts
    Items Medal 3
Gift received at 10-01-2013, 11:22 AM from darlinkat
Gift received at 10-01-2013, 11:18 AM from darlinkat

There are guides floating around that will show you how to ADD to certain routers, a USB/BD9-25 or another Ethernet port.

I could not find the guide I had but it was based on a WRT54G I just wanted to try it (5-10 years ago) to see if I could use it for a "Network" backup but as usual......other stuff happened.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I will search for that guide. I happen to have a wrt54gs with ddwrt micro. I think goo2, and 3 works with ddwrt,but goo doesnt support viewsat as far as I can tell, although it works with xfta, which is gargoyle based. I read where after goo is installed, the satellite option goes away. I imagine there isnt any serial support in those programs though. I also have a linksys e1500 with ddwrt and is broadcom also. My wndr3800 is my favorite, but I'm running gargoyle and its atheros. I would be willing to experiment with any of them as I picked them up for next to nothing. I have found goodwill is a great place to find them. The xfta broadcom xxclient sh and trx will install successfully on the 3800, but what use is it without the satellite option? What would happen if I installed the goo on the gargoyle router (3800) 16mb flash, 128mb ram, and then did the xfta xxclient upgrade for the serial support for viewsat? Brick?