Thread: Nano 2 newbie request to update

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Nano 2 newbie request to update

First I apologize for this silly request, but I'm not really a savvy in satellite matters and I'm finding very confusing the follow the content of the different threads.

I lived in Canada till may/2013. I have the nano 2 and it was up and running back then using IKS keys I got with the help of this forum.

Then I moved to USA and, for different reasons, my nano 2 when to rest in a carton box.

Now I'd like to revive it and use it. My new house has the satellite already pre-installed and pointed by previous owner.

I wonder if I can just connect my box, get new IKS keys and voila... or have there been too many changes? is there a critical update needed or maybe just better switch to another box? Are IKS still in use or is there a new system?

Any help to point me in the right direction will be appreciated.

Again, sorry for the basic request, I'm just not so specialized in these matters. I've had several boxes in the past and usually set them once and use them for years until a major change was needed.

Thanks
    e.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Not much has changed iks wise since 2013 so if you have your nano2 converted to an ilink and a code you should be good to go.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thanks, I installed my system and am getting signal above 85 but quality 20, so can't move forward. In the past this was just a matter of returning after several minutes/hours but it's been 2 days and nothing changes. There used to be a thread or a status monitor in this website where we could check the status, I can't find that anymore. How can I know if the service is up? I'm using 110 and 119, both same situation. thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

If memory serves me right once these nano2's are converted to ilink it makes the Q ans S read funny so you could be getting a higher Q and S than what is showing in the receiver. Check the iks section in the link below and look in the sticky sections...there should be some links on checking codes depending on your ps:

http://www.satfix.net/forumdisplay.p...er-Discussions

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 4 Posts

Check to see if the switch/diseqc settings are correct for the new location
    also lnb type..... legacy/dishpro.....
    also you must be on the western arc sats

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Are IKS keys needed to have Quality? I recall from last time I used the box that I could get Q even without keys, is that still true?
    Of course, reason I don't have the keys yet is cause I want to be sure that my setup will work before paying for them.
    thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Nope...even with a factory file loaded you should still be able to get Q and S...unless you have a problem with your setup...dish alignment, RG6 problem or lnb problem etc.