Thread: Green Screen on HD channels

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default Green Screen on HD channels

I can't get my HD channels to come in. Is this a card issue or a IKS issue? I can get SD channels fine. Someone told me to try channel 9421, but I don't think that channel is in the clear anymore. If this is a card issue, then:

1) Can I get a card replacement that does IKS?
    2) Can it be USB?
    3) Can I fix the current card by sending it back to Genpix? I heard they disable IKS ability if you do that.

I tried reinstalling the software, which is 16R2 and deleting channels and scanning channels and loading the cam file and still nothing buy green screen. Signal strength is excellent.

Can anyone confirm HD channels are working on the CW4000?
    Last edited by chasek77; 03-31-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I fixed the HD green screen issue by installing the 1.0.1.16-r1 version then upgrading to 16-r2 and by scanning channels first, then loading the smart cam file, then rebooted and it worked! HD channels are working great!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,519x in 1,668 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:26 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

glad you got it going
    9421 is still open as far as i know
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for everything and the years of fun and friendship!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I wrote a few weeks/months ago about having my HD channels come up with a green screen and could not figure out why this was happening since the SD channels were coming in fine. I thought maybe my Genpix Skywalker card was bad well after buying a 2nd CW4000 from an auction site, I found out what the problem was.

I had a power surge destroy my power supply and corrupt my flash card. In the process of taking everything apart I hooked up the remote control circuit board incorrectly and probably shorted out the board or chip. Well, when I got the 2nd CW4000 box and swapped out the PCB card for the remote control it fixed the green screen issue and the remote control started working again, which meant no more using a keyboard for commands. Bottom line is if your circuit board for your remote control goes out you can get SD channels, but not HD channels. Channel 9421 is a good example of how to check to see if your HD channels are working since it is in the clear.