Thread: viewsat 9000HD set up

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Default viewsat 9000HD set up

Hello. I am still trying to get a picture with the VS9000HD. I have a null cable hooked up. I downloaded the cleaner, then factory file, then latest bin via loader from pc to stb. Under main software in stb, it shows the latest bin. My rq is ready. It seems like the stb is not communicating with the pc somehow; eventhough rq says client ready. I have everything at com1 (in device manager and rq protocol and in loader). I don't know what else to try. Suggestions? After I downloaded the latest bin, the stb said 10000 ai. I just turned it off from behind. The clock does stay at 12 like it is stuck. So it is in a boot loop? I can go into menu and different channels. There is just no video or audio.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

Quote Originally Posted by viewertrex View Post
    Hello. I am still trying to get a picture with the VS9000HD. I have a null cable hooked up. I downloaded the cleaner, then factory file, then latest bin via loader from pc to stb. Under main software in stb, it shows the latest bin. My rq is ready. It seems like the stb is not communicating with the pc somehow; eventhough rq says client ready. I have everything at com1 (in device manager and rq protocol and in loader). I don't know what else to try. Suggestions? After I downloaded the latest bin, the stb said 10000 ai. I just turned it off from behind. The clock does stay at 12 like it is stuck. So it is in a boot loop? I can go into menu and different channels. There is just no video or audio.
    did you get a code from a private server to connect too,to watch tv....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

yes... i had viewsat ultra before, and it worked fine until the box stopped working. I thought I'd upgrade a little and go for the 9000hd. I asked if all should run fine, and the person I get the subscription from said no problem. I'll double check again.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

So the information I have from private server is correct. Somehow the box is not receiving the info from rq-ssspclient eventhough it says client ready. . I have protocol 1 for viewsat. The channels show up. Just no audio or video. If I go to a free to air channel, I get a picture and sound. I am using Pftahdsw-110802h for the latest file , and it shows as the current software in the receiver . I don't know what else I could have wrong. Suggestions please?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 11 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 06-29-2013, 03:22 PM from darlinkat

[QUOTE=viewertrex;1135956]Hello. I am still trying to get a picture with the VS9000HD. I have a null cable hooked up. I downloaded the cleaner, then factory file, then latest bin via loader from pc to stb. Under main software in stb, it shows the latest bin. My rq is ready. It seems like the stb is not communicating with the pc somehow; eventhough rq says client ready. I have everything at com1 (in device manager and rq protocol and in loader). I don't know what else to try. Suggestions? After I downloaded the latest bin, the stb said 10000 ai. I just turned it off from behind. The clock does stay at 12 like it is stuck. So it is in a boot loop? I can go into menu and different channels. There is just no video or audio.[/

Go into your device manager in computer and see what com is being used for your receiver.... It may be another com.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Smile I'd give this a try

I use the xx-client on a windows 7 PC using a USB to serial adapter, as there's no serial on computer to run my 9000 and it works great. I've used the rq-sssp but, find the xx-client much simpler. Here's a link to it if your interested
    http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...t-Captiveworks

Use note pad as you did with rq to configure it

Cheers

Shark1959

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

i have com1 and bits per second @ 19200 under device manage. Viewsat 9000HD (receiver_protocol=1, serial_speed=19200). I used the viewsat loader (VSHD Loader v1.1) from pc to stb with com1 to load a cleaner file... waited until complete.. then loaded the factory file viewsat_vshd-v0132pgm.. then loaded the bin pftahdsw_110802h.pgm..... factory defaulted ... all looks good but no audio or video.

I have com1 and bits per second @ 19200 under device manage. Viewsat 9000HD (receiver_protocol=1, serial_speed=19200). Restarted computer. Did hard boot from back on stb. same thing...no audio and video.

@ shark1959... i tried the xx-client... yes simple.. thanks. I think my set up is good for the xx-client (waiting for requests). For CNN my signal is at 70 and quality at 99. Maybe I am not loading the files correctly? I feel like I am missing something simple, but I cannot find what it is.
    Last edited by viewertrex; 04-05-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

i got it to work! thanks a lot guys. idk what i was doing wrong with the rq but the xx-client worked after a couple reboots with everything. THANKS to ALL!!!!!!!!! U rock!