Thread: MegaTVi Only Working for 2-3 Minutes

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default MegaTVi Only Working for 2-3 Minutes

Since last month the the channels go scrambled after a few minutes. The box does not freeze as I can still flip through the channels. Turning off the box and turning it back on it works for another 2-3 minutes before scrambling again. I'm running the "MegaTvi 20140820_SU_NA_C4_1TUNER_2GB_TURBO" file.

PS- I've had this problem before with the 7/14 file, but when I updated it to the 8/20 file a month ago it solved the problem. This time it was scrambling after 30 minutes, but when I tried the old solution again it made it worse as now its just a few minutes.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've tried different LNBs, wires, resets etc. but nothing seems to fix it. Thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Mine has been disconnecting a lot since the last ecm...I figure it still has something to do with the server seeing all seem well up to that point. Not sure on the time span in between disconnections but it is longer than 2-3 minutes...most of the time I have to power off and back on to reconnect all though I have got it to reconnect a few times through the server setup menu.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 04-19-2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added info

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I'm not sure if its related to the ecm because this has been going on for about a month. Plus the server rarely disconnects maybe once out of 30 times. Unfortunately for me its never longer than 2-3 minutes. I think its something to do with the files. I've read the 8044 file works perfectly. I had it working for 30 minutes before reinstalling the 8/20 file. Which file do you currently use?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Sign on with a different p$ for a short time. You may find the problem is not your box. jmo

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Quote Originally Posted by Diljeet View Post
    I'm not sure if its related to the ecm because this has been going on for about a month. Plus the server rarely disconnects maybe once out of 30 times. Unfortunately for me its never longer than 2-3 minutes. I think its something to do with the files. I've read the 8044 file works perfectly. I had it working for 30 minutes before reinstalling the 8/20 file. Which file do you currently use?
    The one I'm using is the 8044 but from what I've seen from the file info the one you are running and the 8044 are the same file...the only difference is the 8044 had a public server attached and working at one time which no longer works...also seems some of the iptv works with the 8044...but it maybe worth a try and see if a file change makes the difference with yours. The info on the two files are in the link below I posted a while back:

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...18#post1125718

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    Sign on with a different p$ for a short time. You may find the problem is not your box. jmo
    I've had the same server for a number of years and up till the last few weeks I never had an issue like now with disconnects so for me I would bet it's a server issue...had problems in the past after ecm's that would clear up after a period of time. But I have been messing around with my dish setup as of late and threw a switch in the works so I guess it is possible that could be causing a problem with mine now as well...I'll give it some time and see if it clears up as time goes along.

If I remember it next time it disconnects I'll try and time it and see how long it is in between times.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 04-19-2015 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added info

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I tried the file change to 8044 and to my surprise it fixed the problem!! The reason I did not do so before was because I didn't know it also works with a server. It is a bit weird for it to work if both the files were the same, but I'm happy with it. So if anybody else is having this problem try updating to the 8044 file, it has the same functionality as the 8/20 file anyways.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Diljeet For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Hi my 110 is at 0 signal i havnt changed anything , is there a transponder change please help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 5 Posts

Just fixed the same problem with mine. I did a factory reset then reloaded factory file. Did another reset then loaded the latest file. Then did another reset and set the time and sats and rescanned. It's working much better now haven't had to shut off and on for half an hour.