Thread: Playing with a band blind this weekend

sleddy2008 Guest

Default Playing with a band blind this weekend

This weekend I am playing with a band that had their drummer quit yesterday.I have to learn 30 country songs by friday and I play rock and blues(not country).Wish me luck should be a gong show this weekend LOL.

steelpicker Guest

best of luck on the gig, hope things go well. if the band is play current country, you'll be fine, it ain't nuthin' more than rock that the record companys can't figure out what to do with. if it's classic country, it's just straight 4s, with a waltz tosed in every now 'n' then

sleddy2008 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steelpicker View Post
    best of luck on the gig, hope things go well. if the band is play current country, you'll be fine, it ain't nuthin' more than rock that the record companys can't figure out what to do with. if it's classic country, it's just straight 4s, with a waltz tosed in every now 'n' then
    Thanks Steel,actually last night went really well.Most of the country was older stuff.Kept the place packed til closing time and tonight should be even better.Lots of Hank Sr and Johnny Cash,It was a lot of fun doing something different.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 40x in 11 Posts

I figure you would be alright, just keep time with bass drum to the bass player and you should be able to follow anything, good luck,

steelpicker Guest

just proof that a good musician can play anything, i never had a doubt whether or not you could handle it...just enjoy. i always had a great time playing Vancouver's opera house (hope it's still around), one of my all time favorite towns
    Last edited by steelpicker; 03-13-2010 at 07:38 PM.

sleddy2008 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigge View Post
    I figure you would be alright, just keep time with bass drum to the bass player and you should be able to follow anything, good luck,
    Quote Originally Posted by steelpicker View Post
    just proof that a good musician can play anything, i never had a doubt whether or not you could handle it...just enjoy. i always had a great time playing Vancouver's opera house (hope it's still around), one of my all time favorite towns
    Thanks Bigge and Steel, gig went really well and I am gonna play with this band as well as my main gigging band.We actually played a bunch of older country and it was a blast more fun than the new stuff. Some woman threw her undergarment at the lead singer which I thought was hilarious LOL country woman are crazy........