Thread: Swedish golfer Chopra jumps into tie for lead of rain-delayed Singapore Open with 65

rwilli1 Guest

Default Swedish golfer Chopra jumps into tie for lead of rain-delayed Singapore Open with 65

Swedish golfer Chopra jumps into tie for lead of rain-delayed Singapore Open with 65

Fri Oct 30, 9:48 AM

By The Associated Press

SINGAPORE - Daniel Chopra shot a 6-under 65 Friday to move into a three-way tie with Ian Poulter and Chan Yih-shin at the top of the leaderboard at the rain-plagued Singapore Open.

Chopra leads at 7-under 135 overall, while both Poulter and Chan failed to finish the second round because of darkness.

"I started out yesterday edgy with all the delays, but came out today feeling better," Chopra said. "This is the best I have felt about my game in a long time."

About two-thirds of the field at the field was still on the course when play was halted after lightning caused delays for the second straight day.

Phil Mickelson, who shot 69 on Thursday, was 1-under after completing four holes of the second round. Padraig Harrington (69) is 1-over overall, while Geoff Ogilvy (74) is 2-over.
    Attached Images Attached Images