Thread: continuous boot

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default continuous boot

Hey guys so I need some help with my pinwheel hd. For the past few days, whenever I watch HD channels, the box randomly shuts off and restarts but gets stuck at boot. This is now happening frequently. I saw a previous post with a similar problem but nothing conclusive was said so I am still wondering what to do. I am asking because I bought the box from a reseller and I didn't configure the box so I don't want to restore and loose everything. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by dish_network123; 06-01-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

Make sure the box has plenty of ventilation. Nothing sitting on top of box. You could try aiming a fan at it and if that cures the problem get a laptop fan off flea bay as they are cheap. You could also try deleting some unused (scrambled) channels. Hope this helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Same here, however, I went and tried to upgrade to ver 3.4 and when it finished it gave me a error, I waited for about half hour and same wouldn't do anything, so I turnend the the receiver off, now it gets stuck on boot, did some rescherch and I saw to remame one of the files to a pinwheelfactory_fw with the extension .udf, however I was getting Er5 after that, and that was it, wont move from there, so I turned the revceiver off, so today I saw that it supposed to do that Er5 I will have to wait they say up to 10 minutes, will try today when I get home and will let tyou know if it works,

regards,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister I For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Hi there, I started having the same issue about a year later of using this receiver. Bought a notebook cooling pad with 2 fans and placed it underneath it, and that seemed to address the problem. Fast-forward to now 5 months later, and the cooling pad doesn't seem to be sufficient since the issue has returned. Doesn't happen when watching SD channels. I placed a freezer pack on top of it and it helped a bit. This makes me think it might be a hardware design flaw which I'm wondering if its possible to install a cooling fan inside the unit itself, but was hoping its an issue that can be resolved with a firmware upgrade. My current version is 3.2. Thanks.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 10 Posts

Take the top off and blow it out good.