Thread: MAG254 - no sound

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494x in 807 Posts
    Items Vintage carCheckered FlagCanadaElephant 2RepMedalMartiniDish

Default MAG254 - no sound

I have two MAG254 boxes now that can not get any sound.
    I have tried pulling the power to reboot and have tried resetting the settings to default - but it was no help.

I am using an HDMI cable. It was working fine for a couple of days - but the sound just quite all of a sudden.
    The picture is fine from all servers and YouTube - but there is no sound on anything. I also tried swapping the HDMI cables and no help.

I tried using the RWY RCA cable instead of the HDMI cable but I can't get any picture or sound with that cable on any of my MAG254 boxes. I did change the input on my TV to the correct AV setting.
    I tried booting into the BIOS (powered up with MENU button depressed) and changed video to NTSC (480i) and changed the Graphic resolution to "TV System Res."

This is happening with two MAG254 boxes I have - has anyone else had this problem?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Unfortunately there is no easy way to get audio back, you need to download and copy firmware to usb and restore your mag from it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 236x in 182 Posts

Turn sound up on TV!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494x in 807 Posts
    Items Vintage carCheckered FlagCanadaElephant 2RepMedalMartiniDish

Thanks guys - it turns out I needed to flash a new public image onto both receivers using multicast.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

hey jedi do you have info on how to flash the new public image on mag 254?

thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 9 Posts

I have the same problem with my Mag 254 it usually takes 4-5 times to remove the power and power it back up. I got lucky 1 time with 1 unplug and boot. Must be an audio sync problem in the firmware or something. My hdmi is passing threw an Denon amp it may not like amps. I also find my mag freezes if I leave it playing on a channel and I turn the TV off I have to go to the menu or I have to unplug and reboot. Has the firmware reload solved these issues if so I might give it a go so I don't have this problem anymore.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 559x in 228 Posts
    Items BurgerFriesPizzatwinkieCheetosPopcornA Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Jay View Post
    I have the same problem with my Mag 254 it usually takes 4-5 times to remove the power and power it back up. I got lucky 1 time with 1 unplug and boot. Must be an audio sync problem in the firmware or something. My hdmi is passing threw an Denon amp it may not like amps. I also find my mag freezes if I leave it playing on a channel and I turn the TV off I have to go to the menu or I have to unplug and reboot. Has the firmware reload solved these issues if so I might give it a go so I don't have this problem anymore.
    I have never had that rouble...YET... I do lose sound every few day, so I have to just restart the box by power cycling the unit.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 7 Posts

I was trying to fix no sound/volume and on boot menu (blue Page) I got locked up on tftp upgrade . I contacted infomir, no reply , can anyone advise me ho how to reset o clear 254 box

thanks Les44