Thread: gargoyle problom

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 18 Posts

Default gargoyle problom

setup the xfta according to all the how to's out there, it seems to work ok, but when I go into vsmaxhd serial setup for dhcp and static it says for ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway it says 69.69.69.69, for dns1 it says 107.0.0.1 and for dns2 0.0.0.0, I know that is not what should be there, when I unplug the xfta from the vs and check it again it's all back to 00s, so for some reason the xfta is sending these numbers to the vs, it communicates with the vs because in gargoyle log viewer it will show channel changes and all but still always says failed to connect to server. anyone know where I'm going wrong, I'v reset the xfta 5-6 times and factory defaulted the vsmaxhd a few time but I really think the problem it the xfta sending it those strange numbers or else it should be working. Another strange thing, in Gargoyle> connections, it says current lease expires 01/02/00 and under says "renew lease now", anyone know what thats about? I don't ever remember seeing it in there before. thanks for any help I can get

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 46x in 20 Posts
    Items CashMartini

Quote Originally Posted by areader View Post
    setup the xfta according to all the how to's out there, it seems to work ok, but when I go into vsmaxhd serial setup for dhcp and static it says for ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway it says 69.69.69.69, for dns1 it says 107.0.0.1 and for dns2 0.0.0.0, I know that is not what should be there, when I unplug the xfta from the vs and check it again it's all back to 00s, so for some reason the xfta is sending these numbers to the vs, it communicates with the vs because in gargoyle log viewer it will show channel changes and all but still always says failed to connect to server. anyone know where I'm going wrong, I'v reset the xfta 5-6 times and factory defaulted the vsmaxhd a few time but I really think the problem it the xfta sending it those strange numbers or else it should be working. Another strange thing, in Gargoyle> connections, it says current lease expires 01/02/00 and under says "renew lease now", anyone know what thats about? I don't ever remember seeing it in there before. thanks for any help I can get

First you do not need to go in that area....

all you need to get your box to do is this.

If your box gets TV then great.. If it dont it can only be 2 things...

below in should help..

Does your xfta dongle have the correct bin?

read version of the xfta dongle firmware?

Some places that sell the xfta dongle do not update the firmware.

what the version of your firmware on your xfta dongle?

it should be somthing like xfta-o8.09.2-g1.2.3-wf0.23mex.trx

also do you see the place it says satelite?

if you dont then its not set up for IKS / FTA units.. its set up for gargole stuff.

here is the place to get the update for the xfta dongle.

For people who's xfta router has Gargoyle Version 1.2.5 with no satellite section & needs this firmware upgraded to Gargoyle Version 1.2.3 & have a satellite section in order to watch tv.

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php...-Version-1-2-3

its easy to update.
    Last edited by dslchome; 07-23-2015 at 05:52 PM.