Thread: New to FTA, need help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Question New to FTA, need help

I am an absolute beginner. I got a Pansat 2700A today. I have scoured the internet trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do to set this up. I am good with computers, if that helps. I am in BC, Canada, not sure if that matters. I am trying to buy some old Bell and Direct TV satellites with LNB, and a small, old TV. I am 15, so my dad won't let me set anything up inside until I can get this thing to work. I will likely be up on the roof of my house with my satellite, receiver, and TV. Also, what am I able to do with this receiver? Can I only get certain channels? Can I get channels from regular TV providers? When I was going through the settings trying to make some sense of what I had, I saw something about "DirTV". I'm assuming that was Direct TV. Could I get the signal of a Direct TV satellite and get those channels for free? There was also something about music. Satellite radio... like Sirius XM? Could I get the Sirius satellite signal and get that for free? I can't factory reset the receiver because there is a PIN, set by a friend of the guy I got the receiver from, about 10 years ago. There is no way that method will work. I saw something online about resetting it by reinstalling the firmware using the serial port on the back. I currently do not have a serial cable, but I will look for one as it seems to be something I will need.

Anything I missed? Sorry, I know this is a lot. I have no clue what I am doing, I need guidance.

Thanks in advance,
    -Malcolm

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,260x in 1,087 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrass
Message: Just because you have been a member for a long time and because I wanted to....DeeMonitor
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassMini Cooper
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 03:59 PM from Bluegrass

Using the Pansat for pirating satellite isn't viable anymore, or soon will be.
    The master pin is 1668.
    You can still get free channels with the right dish/lnb combo. There is a section here for that.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Not sure what to make of this but it comes close to being plain silly...at any rate that box is dead or almost dead iks wise...maybe come back in a few years.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 08-18-2015 at 04:55 PM.