Thread: receiver for newer turbo symbol rate

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 139x in 63 Posts
    Items Crown RoyalImmunity to Theft

Default receiver for newer turbo symbol rate

The last I looked there were no receivers that worked with the Turbo 22500 5/6 transponders aside from pc cards. Are there any newer receivers that support this?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

There are no FTA receivers made that directly support any of the turbo FEC codes used by Dish or Bell, you have to buy the add on internal card for that, you also have to use a different software then what comes from the factory.

All this has to be done by the end user.

But most (if not all) of the newer FTA receivers will receive the 8PSK signals on the transponders, it's the turbo FEC codes that Dish and Bell use that mess them up.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 139x in 63 Posts
    Items Crown RoyalImmunity to Theft

Seen a few that have been made to work with the 21500 sr but not 22500.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 151x in 89 Posts

FTA or sat receivers if you read the receivers manual it's suppose to process up to 40.000 or 45.000 that's megabits per second so at 22.500 megabits per second it not even close to the receivers limit, unless there is a software problem

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker999 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Um, the 22.5 Meg is SYMBOL Rate not bits per second (as is the 40-45 M rate boxes are rated for in specs). To find bps from SR you have to multiply the SR by the possible phase shift and divide by the error correction rate as I recall--that puts the bps for 22.5M SR up around 40M bps.

Correction--should have had around 140M bps in above!
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 01-16-2016 at 08:21 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

The last few days, I've been reading up on the modules for DVB-S2 Turbo--actually kind of interesting.

Seems for the Jynxbox there is a jb200 module that seems to be ALI chip based.
    Inside the pansat 9200 code you see that there are 2 or three possible modules. Two of the modules seem to have "CNXT" Conexant chips seems to be used I think--the cx24116 or the newer cx24131. The last module just has "Blind Module" and I suspect it too is conexant based.
    Both of the above are actual tuners with IF in F connectors. There is also a module that just is a Broadcom BCM4500 or related decoder chip and used in Viewsat Max (maybe Ilink 9500 and Freesat 800) HD boxes. Weird connectors on the both red and blue sk200 boards. They seem to say that it only does the turbo FEC mode for DN, but the data brief doesn't seems to show that. Might be just a sw issue as they also say the BCM4506 in the DM800 chip can't do turbo, but the data sheet does show support and that seems a sw issue. The ls-400 8psk module might be similar to the sk200 but I can't see chip on the board images I've gotten too--not as weird connectors on that board though.

Anyway, it seems at least three chip makers have turbo support in decoder chips.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post: