Thread: Toronto Blue Jays(Jose Bautista)demands 150mil for 5yrs?

KIDWCKED is offline Visiting Dignitary/Satfix 2021 NFL week 1 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,425x in 4,579 Posts
    Items Some beerMartini
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:27 AM from hedley
Gift received at 11-13-2013, 11:18 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM from ICEMAN

Default Toronto Blue Jays(Jose Bautista)demands 150mil for 5yrs?

espn./ap..

Jose Bautista's "number" to agree to an extension with the Toronto Blue Jays is $150 million in a five-year deal, TSN reported Tuesday.
    TSN cited two sources familiar with the situation in its report.
    Editor's Picks

• Jose Bautista's hard demands should make Blue Jays' decision easier

Jose Bautista might have actually made things easier for the Blue Jays' front office by going public with his hard stance on contract negotiations.
    • If re-signing Jose Bautista makes the Toronto front office nervous, maybe there's another alternative to boosting the offense: trading for Joey Votto.

On Monday, Bautista, who will turn 36 on Oct. 19, addressed his contract situation and said the Blue Jays came to him two weeks ago to gauge what it would take for him to sign a new deal.
    "If this is going to happen, they should know what it takes, and I told them the number because they asked me," Bautista told ESPN's Britt McHenry.
    Bautista told reporters Monday that he is "not willing to negotiate."
    "I'm not going to sit here and bargain for a couple of dollars," he said, adding later, "They either meet it or it is what it is."
    On Tuesday, new Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins wouldn't publicly address Bautista's stance, saying, "It doesn't need to be public, and it won't be from our end."
    "To me, it's not a cloud," Atkins said Tuesday. "To me, it's really clear we've had really clear, effective communication. There is no ambiguity. We can focus on playing baseball -- Jose feels good about doing that."

Bautista is earning $14 million this year after the Blue Jays exercised the 2016 option in the outfielder's current deal, and he can become a free agent after the World Series. The 35-year-old had 40 home runs and 114 RBIs last season, as Toronto won the AL East and reached the playoffs for the first time since winning the 1993 title.
    Bautista said he told Toronto he expects "present-day value." Atkins described their exchanges as "incredible" and praised the six-time All-Star's work ethic.
    "I love being around the guy," Atkins said. "I love talking baseball with him. I love to hear him talking about his career. It gets me fired up."
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

imhop...he wont get it...and he wont from any other team either...
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,083x in 4,688 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

Yeup! It's gong to be interesting how management deals with this and Encarnacion
    30M !! ,, that's a lot of money ,, makes me wish I'd gone to baseball school. .. LOL

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TLG For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931x in 902 Posts
    Items Hockey
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 03:07 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-04-2020, 05:41 PM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-03-2020, 08:22 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

if its a 5 year deal he will be 41 years old, his play will drop off I think, and at 150 million thats insane!!!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sonicmario For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362x in 550 Posts
    Items Surfboard
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM from darlinkat
there is water involved lolbeerCrown Royal
Gift received at 11-11-2012, 07:48 PM from Just_angel

I'm not concerned with the 2 sluggers contracts right now, nor should anyone else, including them.

They have a team right now that could and should take the east.......minimum.

Go Jay's!...............looking forward to April and the rest of the spring & summer.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surfinisfun For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Bautista`s best years are in his rear view mirror, he is a diminishing asset. Trade him, get rid of him and use that money for some pitching.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    Yeup! It's gong to be interesting how management deals with this and Encarnacion
    30M !! ,, that's a lot of money ,, makes me wish I'd gone to baseball school. .. LOL
    Gonna be real interesting is right.........Bautista is testing the waters big time. The Jays brought in Mark Shapiro form Cleveland as their new president and he`s not known as a spender but rather a cheapo. Bautista`s idea of "takin` it to the streets" so to speak isn`t a bad one like Kadri did with the Leafs a couple years ago.....the difference is that Bautista has actually produced whereas Kadri had done nothing to even warrant a contract nevermind a fat increase. Taking it to the streets in Bautista`s case prevents the Toronto media misinformation machine from going out full throttle and making a mockery of the proceedings. Bautista`s one big hurdle is that he`s DEMANDING Miggy Cabrera and Derek Jeter type money while not being even close as an all round asset to his team. If he continues to demand he`ll sit out because no team will pay him that kind of money.
    Bautista is all about Bautista, always has been, the Jays and their fans are a far second to that.......in Bautista`s case I can appreciate his honesty in that he doesn`t hide behind the veil of the team and the fans first ideology as a ruse during negotiations. I`ll respect him for that......he`s doing it above table.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post: