Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: did dish flip the switch?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 72x in 38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    I'm not offering to do work for anyone. I am offering to guide folks in doing work. If you want such help start posting flash dumps and card logging, pics of boxes might help, schematics would too. Processor data sheets are nice to have as are any other data sheets that are available. I know the processor in use in some DTV boxes have started to have all but the tuner front end PLL and the card itself on the chip--so the tuner decoder, processor, decrypt engine, video and sound chain are on the same silicon (Broadcom) with external flash and RAM. That type of integration might be what one sees in anycast and if so then it can be really hard to figure out anything from the box code (I've played with the ATSC Broadcom chips in converter boxes and I've been able to do some things but lots of experimentation has to be done to really see how it works). As I don't own DN boxes and have no interest in contract TV I'm not going to be doing any of the experimentation involved in prov boxes.
    I was not that impressed by Raton, I showed how the coolsat4000 code could be modified to work on pansat 2500 box, but did not have any interest in the testing for IKS, so he never bothered to support the box. I figured he was busted long ago.
    Dish receivers for South America have broadcom chip, type 7xxx. What they did it is "sprzetowe parowanie", which in translation means ---> equipment pairing, as far as I remember. So IKS was not possible initially, as CW was assigned to receiver ID. But someone found the solution, was able to partially decap that processor and read the Bx Keys and other keys using some software. What it allows is that any card was able to work in any card server, and no ECM or EMM was able to "burn" such a card in the card server, and card didn't have to be put back in the original receiver to get keys updated.
    My memory is a little foggy, as it was almost 2 years ago, so excuse if I used some terms incorretly.
    There are only two guys in Europe, who were able to do it, and they were charging between 10 and 20 Grants for IKS operators.

If somebody tell me what Direct TV receiver use that chip Broadcom 7005 or 7010, I might buy it and send it to Europe.

They will do it for me.

Then iKS for Dtv would be peanuts, if it is true, what jvvh is saying, that CW for video channels comes every one minute.

I am not fun of IKS, never been, presently don't use any, those few channels I watch is thru streaming, they are free in most instances.

But if possibility to screw these big criminal monopolies exist, I am all for it, why not.

He he he, might even make some bucks from IKS bozos.
    ========
    Was interested in Dish network receivers, but somebody told me, that none Dish receiver has this Broadcom chip in it in USA.
    So finally I lost interest in the subject.
    ========
    Oh, forgot to ask, this site ID went under ????? Placed there those "coil" thingy, "leak" from Bedrock Tavern, it was most promising leak to get into charlie plastic. Knew, that lot of peps there started to exchange some PM's on the subject.
    Last edited by lacoster7; 04-01-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I have some note on the box that has Broadcom chip inside, I'll see what I can find. I think there were more digits than 4 though.

On passive card logging. The old way to do it was to have an extension card with an ATMEL or PIC microcontroller and a MAX232 chip--the uP got its clock from the card connection and read the ATR and regular data by bit banging it, then sending the data through 232 chip to PC serial port at a 'normal' baud rate that any PC could do. It did not take much of a uP chip to do it ATMEL 2313 was a common choice. These days it likely would be easier to just use an experimenter's board to do it and use USB port, so maybe a teensyLC--might still want an extension card of some sort even if it is just a quick and dirty DIY one.

The card should not be marked if you copy enough of the box/card comms to let the card think it is only in a box. That assumes the rate of ecm fed into card is not a factor. If the card were actually in a box then it should never get marked as a card server card, but you only get one channel of CW per card.
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 04-01-2016 at 08:02 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Ha! I figured out where the DTV CW packets are! The are embedded in the video stream if TV channel and in audio stream if music channel. The music channel often has them tacked on the end of other packets, I would look at the text description of the music paying and not notice the 0x20 or so bytes of what would show up in the cmd40 packet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that might like to use the built-in box processor and serial port of a prov box, here is a little info that seems common to 2700, 3900 and 301-013 box code:

If you search for the sequence of code that creates the header you might find something like:
    7FFB6394 2A40 loc_7FFB6394: ldc #A0
    7FFB6396 76 ldl #6
    7FFB6397 23FB sb
    7FFB6399 2C4A ldc #CA
    7FFB639B 76 ldl #6
    7FFB639C 81 adc #1
    7FFB639D 23FB sb

the code is storing the 0xa0 and 0xca bytes of the header onto something to transmit to the card. In RAM you might find that as:
    1AF0B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00-A0 CA 00 00 02 C0 00 06

A call to the code doing the above looks like:
    7FFB6F7F 26292E225A ldnlp #69E2A --points to 401A78A8
    7FFB6F84 79 ldl #9
    7FFB6F85 6C289E call sub_7FFB6316

Haven't found the spot reading from the buffer, but above is getting close.

Also in RAM (all examples are from 3900 box code), I see what looks like a serial TX buffer for a line to the outside:
    1AD070 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00-00 00 00 00 6D 61 6C 6C mall
    1AD080 6F 63 2F 66 61 72 68 65-61 70 2E 63 20 28 34 39 oc/farheap.c (49
    1AD090 35 29 3A 20 69 6E 69 74-69 61 6C 69 73 69 6E 67 5): initialising
    1AD0A0 20 68 65 61 70 20 61 74-20 30 78 34 30 30 30 42 heap at 0x4000B
    1AD0B0 45 39 38 20 66 6F 72 20-34 35 38 37 35 32 20 62 E98 for 458752 b
    1AD0C0 79 74 65 73 0A 6E 69 74-0A 2F 6E 66 73 2F 69 6E ytes ni t/nfs/in
    1AD0D0 74 65 67 72 61 74 69 6F-6E 2F 72 65 6C 65 61 73 tegration/releas
    1AD0E0 65 2F 45 63 68 6F 53 74-61 72 2F 45 4E 32 31 42 e/EchoStar/EN21B
    1AD0F0 30 33 62 2F 6F 74 76 2F-73 72 63 2F 00 00 00 00 03b/otv/src/
    1AD100 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00-00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

So, I'm guessing that with the above box code one sees activity on the serial port TX line.

I've used both IDA Pro and DASMST20 to disassemble 2700, 3900, and 301-013. I believe the first two use the sti5500 processor and the last the sti5518, but all are st20c2 type code. All three had pretty much the same ldc a0, ldc ca sequences.

From the above you might guess with these and most boxes, figuring things out is easier if you have both flash and RAM dumps. Ram dumps from box in regular operation are best.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Broadcom chip question the model was DTV's D12-100 model, the chip is BCM7312TKPB126 and the build date was early 2008 and built in China.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 72x in 38 Posts

On the Broadcom chip question the model was DTV's D12-100 model, the chip is BCM7312TKPB126 and the build date was early 2008 and built in China.
    Think, that I saw such receiver, my neighbour was installing them about 3-4 years ago, he might even have some left, if not I am gonna try to buy it on ebay. Hope, that BCM 7312 is not that different from BCM 7010, the procedure they have, might work on it as well. Gonna email this guy in Euro right away with question about that processor. Uuuuuuuhaha, maybee there is a chance to poke a stick into the eye of Jaczewsky's team and dtv.
    ~~~~~~~
    On 301-013, I don't follow your train of thoughts, if it is original soft/bin of dish in this receiver, how it is gonna process stream from 101 sat ???, from what I remember it is not possible in the menu of original dish soft. Unless you use it for some kind of comparison of codes ????? Or maybee u use this bin for converting 301-013 to fta ????
    Thanx for sharing this info, was looking yesterday for processor in dtv boxes, googling for two ours and finally fall asleep.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lacoster7 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,900x in 1,014 Posts
    Items the travel gnomeBurger
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM from ICEMANRainbow
Gift received at 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM from darlinkat

OK You 2 This thread has gone a lot more towards testing than Rumor
    Would you like me move it to the advanced testing area
    Your choice
    Please do not PM me with questions that can be asked in open forums

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pugsycan For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 72x in 38 Posts

Received email, card testing is in the final stages, new glitcher design with "bang" for about 230 Mhz was sent to the board makers.
    But some instruction to use existing hardware probably will be supplied.
    Do not know, where and how to proceed with the project, cause it would be dangerous not only for members ,but for the site also.

Most involved in the project probably never tried to hack modems and be anonymous or use at least use this special TOR browser.
    Know, that the older version of the browser gives anonymonity , but do not know whether newer versions do not have special "back door", NSA bozos don't sleep, and God knows what they might put in the project.

Sent already email with questions about this BCM processor, jvvh was talking about, hope to receive response within day or two.
    On other hand, gonna check the older DTV receivers, D10, to find out what processor it has.
    ---------

As far as moving this thread to different section, call is up to you, it is your site.
    Maybe would be first to find out who is interested, who would contribute, who would test, and so on, and then make it invisible to others, thus protecting the site existence. Maybee access to this invisible section should be by invitation only, thus protecting others and site from snitches.
    But definitely not all mods should have access to it.

We all know, what happen to BedrockTavern and ET, they all were closed down.
    Think, that jvvh will have very important say on the question, as he is most important and most experienced with processor hacking on the assembler level. but I doubt, that he ever deal with the plastic, as he publicly stated on numerous occasions.
    Last edited by lacoster7; 04-03-2016 at 06:00 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lacoster7 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,900x in 1,014 Posts
    Items the travel gnomeBurger
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM from ICEMANRainbow

Quote Originally Posted by lacoster7 View Post
    Received email, card testing is in the final stages, new glitcher design with "bang" for about 230 Mhz was sent to the board makers.
    But some instruction to use existing hardware probably will be supplied.
    Do not know, where and how to proceed with the project, cause it would be dangerous not only for members ,but for the site also.

Most involved in the project probably never tried to hack modems and be anonymous or use at least use this special TOR browser.
    Know, that the older version of the browser gives anonymonity , but do not know whether newer versions do not have special "back door", NSA bozos don't sleep, and God knows what they might put in the project.

Sent already email with questions about this BCM processor, jvvh was talking about, hope to receive response within day or two.
    On other hand, gonna check the older DTV receivers, D10, to find out what processor it has.
    ---------

As far as moving this thread to different section, call is up to you, it is your site.
    Maybe would be first to find out who is interested, who would contribute, who would test, and so on, and then make it invisible to others, thus protecting the site existence. Maybee access to this invisible section should be by invitation only, thus protecting others and site from snitches.
    But definitely not all mods should have access to it.

We all know, what happen to BedrockTavern and ET, they all were closed down.
    Think, that jvvh will have very important say on the question, as he is most important and most experienced with processor hacking on the assembler level. but I doubt, that he ever deal with the plastic, as he publicly stated on numerous occasions.
    Unless you guys would request it to go invisible it would always be in open forum
    Please do not PM me with questions that can be asked in open forums

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pugsycan For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I think we are still in rumour stage myself.

I've been thinking about how one might do IKS with DTV. You would of course need both server(s) and user receivers. User receivers are a problem--while most hardware can do DSS streams, we don't have modern processor and tuner chip data sheets , so we really don't know how to set a box using such to do what needs to be done. Old boxes have lots more known about them, but they tend to be SD only and DTV audio might be AC3 and most older boxes do not have a DAC chip for that. 301-013 is such a box, we know lots about the chips inside and they can do DTV (the 301-013 and DTV's DRD430 are almost the same--sti5518 and Conexant tuner demod--I know the DRD430 can do DTV audio but not that sure of 301-013). The sk900 HD tuner module might have a Broadcom tuner decoder chip that can do DVB/DSS and other signals, but as far as I know, no data about how one sets that up or even pin-outs and not that sure about the chip as pics are only showing the heatsink on the chip.

The requirements on the user end are really small though. You only need the video and audio streams. Don't need the CA or APG streams (though the last would be nice to have not much is known about it). You would have to parse out the part of packets needed for the seed info and send it off over web--might just use serial port on box and a serial to web dongle. User interface could be really simple, might have a really tiny amount of code to run box. If audio chips on old boxes were OK then lots of old SD boxes could be revived--digiwave, coolsat, pansat all can be run with public coolsat code so they might be good starting places. But 3900, 2700, and 301-013 might be possible.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

The DTV D11 was from around 2006 and has the Conexant CX24155-25P processor that has built-in MPEG II Decoder, so just about the same thing as the Broadcom one, but not.

On the server side I think the card only needs a feed of the PID 2 content--that is largely EMM type stuff to update tiers and internal key for cmd40 decode. Think any TP would do, even the strongest spot beam. That also is a pretty simple receiver as you would not even need to do video or audio--low bit rate--the card seems to get about 200 bytes per second typically even if the bit rate for the card could be around 44K bps (4.6 MHz clock to card and typical 372 count for ATR for about 10.8K bps and 4 times that for normal bit rate ).

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 72x in 38 Posts

Sorry guys, I screwed completely about these processor chips, it was almost 2 years ago.
    There is a way to decode CWPK (control word Plain key -->in plain text) for STi 7111 and STi 7105 chips.
    And dish receivers all use BCM chips. No known method for my guys.

But good news is, that there is one guy in South Balkans, who was able to get this CWPK from BCM 7402 chip. But he doesn't want to share his secrets/patent. Do not know, whether he would do it for the money. Probably 5-10 Grants would do it, but I do not have such pessos.

How is it played by Dish/nagra --->my loose translation, so do not kill me for accuracy.

"All communication between IRD <---> CAM is crypted by AES, after decoding , like in old Nagra, is generated Session Key + at the end is added Serial of processor from the IRD onto the card, It is called NUID, and thus is forced equipment pairing,
    According to patent by dish, this type of method is unbreakable because keys are in the processor of IRD.

But it is a way, first of all, is neded BGA programmer, about 800 - 1000 $.

All this chip pairing depends on one key (for given provider), if u decode this CWPK (CW plain key) in the processor, thru processor in IRD (thats why u need BGA programmer and get out processor from the IRD - get those keys thru 'back door' in processor firm), then u have universal keys for the all cards of given provider.

With those decoded keys, u may use all cards in IKS, nothing else is needed."

Do not know, whether it make right sens with my translation. I am not good in any language

S merica --> Claro have this equipment pairing and some others...

IRD with this processor has to be at least 2 years old, (read 4, as mail is 2 years old), cause in the newer receivers this "back door in the firmware of the processor" is blocked.
    Do not know, whether my friends will deal with the BCM processor, they are extreamly busy as of now, but if the do, they probably want to sell this CWPK to IKS providers in one time transactions, as it is harder and harder to get the money without beeing chased. And that, is very tracebly by small numerous payments. And IKS serving is big job by itself, takes tooooo much time.
    Last edited by lacoster7; 04-11-2016 at 12:20 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lacoster7 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 72x in 38 Posts

I am reading this thread again from the begining:
    @jedi
    There used to be a lot of sharing of information in the early stages of IKS - some card coder sites merged with IKS/Dreambox sites and receiver/jtag sites. A llot of public information was available about jtaging receivers and pulling information from the images.
    Older dish receivers, yeah jtaging was known, 3100 , 301 013
    In the newer receivers jtag was secured by AES key, and I do not know and hear that anyone could hack into it
    Even if u have access to soft of decoder, then chipset key is in the processor and u have to decode it by processor IRD, exactly how it is done in receiverach using STi processor.
    However BCM processor is using ultimate security and not so many peps know how to deal with it.

So if u know something about jtaging new receivers, then let us know, it would be good starting point

There was also a lot of public discussion card coding and the efforts being done to hack into the cards.
    Aint that much, Bedrock Tavern, ET, DCM, wasn't that much in it. There was this "leak" about choke at Bedrock tavern, mostly dismissed by many, almost nobody pays attention to it, I have placed it at ID sites, do not know, whether some peoples get any results with it. But similar tries were made somewhere else by shorting some rails and thus discharging rapidly this "condensator" in card, at the same time forcing ultra fast glitch. At the same time cuting of other rails, so this so called parasite or residual "currents or charges" would not supply anything to processor of the card. But I think somebody did it with coil, as the parameters of the coil were figured out exactly.

In the early stages Raton shared his rqcs software and there was a lot of discussion expermenting being done in open forums. Bowman's CSP load balancing software was, and still is free, and openly discussed - but Bowman didn't want to have anything to do with monetizing his software and he stopped development.
    Raton developed his FSLB, load balancing software, but took it private and sold it to the big dealers. He also developed private versions of his rqcs and fsec software and software to feed the ECMs and EMMs to the cards while they were in card servers so the keys would stay up to date and to pull the Control Words from cards to feed the cache.
    It is nothing special, cache ex s used in OSCAM for a long time, if dish is using counters in ECM, then with bigger number of cards it is worth crap.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lacoster7 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494x in 807 Posts
    Items Vintage carCheckered FlagCanadaElephant 2RepMedalMartiniDish

I think my main input into this thread has been that a lot of effort by some people has been spent on trying to prevent the Providers from killing the cards - I am not even close to being an expert in this subject - I know some of the people that have for monetrary reasons tried to help stop the card kills.
    From what I have seen nothing seems to help so far. I know how the card servers work and how the load balancers work and know a little bit about jtagging and used to dabble into card hacking but some of this stuff is getting over my head about different chipsets and so on. I love to learn and may have some good resources - I would love to help in any way I can.

I don't think they are counting ECMs to kill the cards - some have tried to only pull the control words for one channel from a card but they still got hit. For a while they could pull the control words for local netwoks and the cards would not get hit - but after a while they started to hit those cards.
    When someone mentioned it would be easy to passively pull the control words from a card and at the same time feed the stream to the legal receiver that seemed to me to be the logical answer - but from what I have been reading it is not so simple.
    In my opinion part of the stream, at times, is asking the receiver to report something back about its status - it could be as simple as what is your Build Config? If the card is in a card receiver it may not know the answer to that question so it gets marked and eventually is killed during the next "card hit" ECM.
    That is just a simple scenario - it could be something much more complex in the stream. We can try to make the card server software exactly mimic a card that is in a legal receiver but that is almost impossible to do. I am sure we can come close but we have no idea what they are lookin for.

I.M.O it is helpful to discuss some of these things openly - I don't think there is any deep dark secrets that are being hidden - people are just guarded about revealing their sources. I think everyone knows that the Providers are trying to get to the big Boys however they can. The big guys know that - so have to be very careful who they confide in and discuss their problems with. Sounds like a good plot for a movie or book ehhhhh???
    NipPEr Is a diSh liCkeR!
    4e697050457220497320612062755474206c69436b655221

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

My work on mods to let old boxes do DSS are getting somewhere. I've got one box (see advanced section threads on pansat and dg7k) running TV audio OK. So, the idea of doing a different IKS for that provider has some merit and you might be able to replace one prov for another if it comes to that. Perhaps that bypasses the issue that lacoster7 brings up (though likely not).

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    My work on mods to let old boxes do DSS are getting somewhere. I've got one box (see advanced section threads on pansat and dg7k) running TV audio OK. So, the idea of doing a different IKS for that provider has some merit and you might be able to replace one prov for another if it comes to that. Perhaps that bypasses the issue that lacoster7 brings up (though likely not).

Perhaps you should check the newer bcm740x models H10 and previous versions, new ball game with NSK AVCHIP CW protected 3DES decrypted inside AVCHIP that means inside CPU slimcore decryption is done not external RAM STB.

Good starting point is rooting the box to gain access, maybe just maybe if you get access to CPU ROM dump, you might understand how things work, OTG can be funny...

Yes DSS were the first back in 2005/6 to use CPU CW protection features, back then no one wasted time checking how things worked, so 12 years later were are they at?

just my 2 cents, let the fun begin and never trust a h/w vendor saying its secure....

BIST_USB_detect()
    {
    BIST_PLATFORM=`$GETMODE -fem`
    BIST_USB_FILE=/mnt/update_bist.sh
    BIST_SIG_FILE=/mnt/BIST_USB/images/BIST_${BIST_PLATFORM}.sig
    echo "Checking for BIST in USB"
    umount /mnt &>/dev/null
    for USB_DEV in /dev/sdb1 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdc1; do
    mount -t vfat $USB_DEV /mnt &>/dev/null
    BIST_USB_STAT=$?
    if [ $BIST_USB_STAT -eq 0 ]; then
    break
    fi
    done
    if [ $BIST_USB_STAT -ne 0 ]; then
    return
    fi
    if [ "`$GETMODE -i`" = "production" ]; then
    if [ ! -e $BIST_SIG_FILE ]; then
    umount /mnt
    return
    fi
    echo -n "BIST USB signature found, validating..."
    $SIGTST $BIST_SIG_FILE
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
    echo "signature FAILED"
    return
    fi
    echo "signature OK"
    BIST_SQUASHFS=`grep IMAGE $BIST_SIG_FILE | sed 's/ //g' | cut -d'=' -f2`
    if [ ! -e $BIST_SQUASHFS ]; then
    echo "BIST squashfs '$BIST_SQUASHFS' not found"
    return
    fi
    echo "Mounting BIST squashfs"
    mount -t squashfs -o loop $BIST_SQUASHFS $BIST_PATH
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "usb" > $BIST_MODE_FILE
    else
    echo "BIST squashfs mount failed"
    fi
    else
    if [ ! -e $BIST_USB_FILE ]; then
    umount /mnt
    return
    fi
    echo "BIST USB update found"
    dos2unix $BIST_USB_FILE
    chmod +x $BIST_USB_FILE
    $BIST_USB_FILE
    echo "usb" > $BIST_MODE_FILE
    fi
    }

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tr4ck3r5murf5 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

My access to DSS boxes is limited to what I can pick up at second hand stores when the box owners do not realize they have to turn box in.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast